FOURTEEN | CONFRONTATION

HIS HANDS ROUGHLY, BUT STILL GENTLE AT THE SAME TIME, GRAZED DOWN THE COOL SILK OF HER DRESS DOWN HER BACK. Roman held her small body against his bigger one tightly. He could feel the warmth of her pressed against his own body, and it felt like heaven to him. Evelina had become more to him over the past week. 

Roman's previous notion of Evelina and who she was changed almost completely. He no longer seemed to view her as the girl next door that his wife treated like a daughter. Now he viewed her as this object that could cure the heartache that his wife had caused, and it was working. Whenever he had that vicious thought in his head that told him his wife was out doing something unfaithful, he'd retaliate. Roman would tell Evelina he needed her to comfort him, and that's what she'd do. She temporarily was able to take away the pain in his chest. 

It had turned kind of into a routine over the last couple weeks. Roman would wake up in the morning next to Eleanor, they'd both go their separate way for work, he'd come home early and she'd stay "working" late, and he knew what she was up to so he'd do the same. Eleanor didn't even seem to suspect anything was up, she hadn't even acknowledged the even bigger gap that had formed in her marriage with Roman. He didn't care to bring it up though, it just seemed like too much work now. 

"Won't she be home soon?" Evelina had just pulled away from Roman's warm mouth that was just on hers. He sighed, took in her messy hair and smeared lipstick. She still had a sense of purity around her, a hint of innocence. 

"Probably not," Was all he said, keeping his arms still wrapped around her waist firmly. Roman didn't want to think of Eleanor when he was with Evelina, she was meant to make him feel better, not worse. It was like if his wife was brought up, it just put a dark cloud over him and killed the mood. 

Not wanting to ruin what was going on between the two of them, he moved to go back to kissing her neck. "Stop, what if she comes home?" Evelina moved off of his lap and next to him on the large couch. Roman could tell that she was paranoid about getting caught, and he was too slightly. Not as much as he was though at the beginning of the affair. Then again Eleanor was cheating on him too Roman would tell himself. He hated himself for feeling guilty about what he was doing when Eleanor didn't even seem to feel any remorse about her actions and whereabouts. 

He didn't want Evelina to think though that he was having second thoughts about all of this. Then she'd feel like it was all her fault, and it wasn't. Roman was aware that the whole thing going on between them was all his doing. He's the one that had broken the wall of any formalities between Evelina and him. They had something good going, and he didn't want it to end. "She won't, Eleanor usually lets me know when she's on her way home." The Italian tried to convince her, placing one of his large hands on her bare thigh. "It'll be fine, sweetheart." 

She believed him too because in just a few seconds she flashed him a smile that let him know she trusted his words. Then she had her dainty arms wrapped around his neck, and her swollen lips were back on his in a heated kiss. It was a weird feeling to Roman still that he was finding some sort of release with someone who wasn't Eleanor, but he kept telling himself it was okay since she was doing it, too. 

Taking control of the moment, Roman pushed Evelina back onto the couch. She let out a gasp at the force of it, but he knew she liked it. Forgetting everything, he left wet kisses down her neck and to the tops of her breasts. She moaned and gripped his hair, urging him for more. He complied to her and pleasured both himself and her. 

♥︎

"Honey, what is this?" Eleanor tried to sound stern, but caution could be detected in her voice. She stood in the doorway, with a silver necklace raised up in her hand. 

"Huh? What?" Roman was focused on the screen of his computer as he typed up important business documents, not really focused on what his wife was saying. 

He heard her groan and her feet shuffle across the room so she now stood in front of his desk. Roman's eyes still stayed focused on his screen, his skilled fingers still dancing across his computer's keyboard. 

"This necklace," She started slowly, "This silver one with a star on it." Roman froze slightly and let his eyes quickly flicker to the dainty piece of jewelry his wife held up in front of him. 

"Isn't it yours?" He knew it wasn't, but tried to play it off like it was hers. Roman didn't want her to be even more suspicious so he went back to typing on his computer. 

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Eleanor raise it up to her to get a closer look. "No, I wouldn't wear something like this. It's a very childish piece of jewelry." She said bitterly. 

"When did you get home tonight?" He tried to casually change the subject, Roman knew it wouldn't work that easily but it was worth a shot he figured. 

"Not too long ago, I was just straightening up the couch after I put my stuff up because I noticed it was a little out of place and I found this necklace in the cushion." She was not going to put this past him. 

Evelina had left only an hour or so before Eleanor had gotten home, the two of them had not even thought about making the couch look untouched and presentable, let alone search for any evidence of her being there with Roman. By now, the two of them had gotten away with it for a couple weeks, at first they were way more careful but got less cautious as they got less scared about getting caught. 

"Whose is it, Roman?" Eleanor asked the ice breaking question. She meant for it to come out demanding, but it came out as a shaky whisper. Roman's typing had come to a halt. He didn't look up at the woman in front of him that demanded an answer. He knew what was coming up, though. 

Is this really the time? He asked himself. Roman knew his wife well enough to know he wasn't getting out of this confrontation, but not everything was on him, and that he knew. After a long pause, Roman finally made eye contact with his wife. Eleanor tried to keep her composure, but she was visibly breathing heavy. 

He couldn't put off the truth any longer, this was reality and it was time to confront it all. It was time to face both of the couple's mistakes, and there were a lot of them from both sides. 

"Eleanor," Roman started. "I believe you have some confessing to do as well, don't you?" 

She hadn't been expecting that, and the little ounce of confidence that she had left in her had faded away completely.