Chapter 1

"Oh shut it ", I moan as I tried to reach my alarm which was banging my eardrums with all its might

I sat down straight on my bed and remove hair strands lingering on my face, rubbing it with both hands to completely wake up. I turned back and checked the time. 7: 10, it showed. With a light groan I jumped out of my bed.

After a quick shower I glanced at my reflection on the mirror. I made a quick messy bun trying to ignore my heartbeat racing at Eminem's supersonic rap speed as it is my first day of University.

With a smile on my face, I rushed down the stairs and as expected Dad was reading newspaper and mom was serving breakfast. What you ask? Toast and milk. I had my breakfast quickly at supersonic speed. Ah not really at supersonic speed. If I could do everything at supersonic speed then I would be at least half as good as Eminem, wouldn't I?

I jolted up with the last bite of my toast earning a disapproving look from father.

"Slow down sweetie", said my Dad, looking at my ridiculously great speed work.

I placed my hands on both his shoulder and leaned down to give him a quick kiss on his cheek. "Bye dad". I hastily ran to my mom, who was now serving breakfast to her husband. I kissed her as well. "Bye mom", I grabbed my shoe and start wearing it quite clumsily.

"Have a great first day Gianna", my mom said as I hurried down the street. Yes, just like the story of every other normal girl, my story starts with the first day of college too. And guess what? I am very scared, but it's normal right?

I tried to calm myself down by inhaling fresh air present around me.

Fortunately, My new college is not too far from my house. So after walking few steps, I finally found myself standing in front of the main entrance.

Fingers crossed.

I took a deep breath before entering inside. I tried really hard to maintain my composure but with each footstep, I was losing it.

People everywhere, Students to be precise. I looked around and gasped finding no one like me. Wait, Are you sure this is a University? Not some entertainment company to train idols? Because every student that my eye could detect seemed so extra ordinarily good looking. Within a minute, I found myself surrounded by pretty girls everywhere. That was when realization hit me hard. I touched my messy bun to fix it.

I bite my lower lip as I took a step forward.

As I moved towards the reception, I noticed people staring at me. Like not in 'hey there, you new' types stare but 'you sure, you belong here?' kind of stare. I kept my head low and kept fixing my hair trying to ignore those really uncomfortable glances.

Not to mention but I am a sensitive person. Like I take things by heart real soon, even if it's a small thing.

I relieved a sigh as soon as I reached inside the reception. "Hello, Can I please get my schedule?", I asked the receptionist in front of me. She looked kind of in her 40's but really pretty. Her features were really good. Damn... Why does everyone here had to look like some Greek god?

"You will get your schedule tomorrow, take your time today to check out your room and roommate, What's your name?", she said sitting in front of the computer, placing her both hands on keyboard, smiling, looking at me and waiting for an answer.

Wait What?

"Check out your roommate?", I paused. "I am sorry but it seems to be a misunderstanding. I am not planning to stay in hostel". I was confused.

"Yes dear, It's mandatory for all the students to stay in hostel".

Just when I was about to ask something, I noticed bunch of girls looking at me in disgust and probably gossiping about me. I stomped my feet on the ground, letting out a groan of frustration.

The girls rolled their eyes in sequence which made me scoff in disbelief.

When I turned back to my previous position, I noticed the receptionist giving me a weird look, her one eyebrow raised with 'What in this world, no what in this hell are you doing?' expression printed on her face. "I am so sorry but I absolutely had no idea about this hostel thing", I said with an apologetic look in my face.

"Name?", she asked again.

"Gianna Vertes", I said kinda slowly. She typed my name. She rolled her chair backwards, took out a key from bunch of other keys and handed me with a smile that seemed quite forced. "Thank you", I whispered and walked away.

I am so not prepared for this. I am not going to leave house, leave mom and dad and live with a stranger for rest of my college life. I am the only daughter of my family. I need to be there for my parents, I can't leave them alone not at this age, they need me, I need them. Mom Dad, your daughter won't leave you, never. Okay.... Sorryyy.... I was being a little too dramatic maybe. But hostel is seriously going to be a problem.

-

I looked around for the girls block stumbling here and there. I finally spotted it. I quickly made my way up to there and started looking for my room. Not being able to find it I asked few girls on the way but none of them knew where my room is, which was probably a lie. How could they not know? They must really enjoy toying others. I guess it's their speciality.

I passed through corridors and finally found my room number plate 127 hanging on a black door. So this is it. I took out my key to unlock the door but to my surprise, it was already open. I pushed the door slowly and entered, Holy shit, I cursed under my breath, taking a look at my room. It was full of white fumes which was irresistibly bad.

I literally thought that the room was on fire until I saw a figure sitting on the bed. She was wearing black crop top and black shorts. I couldn't see her face because of the smoke but I soon understood what she was doing, with a bottle in her hand and smoke coming out from her mouth.

'It's weed'. I shrieked.

What the hell. Were such things allowed in hostel? What the freaking hell. Don't tell me that a drug psychopath is my roommate!

I looked at her and figured out that she had dark black hair. I tried hard to look at her face but miserably failed because of the smoke.

I mentally gave up and turned around to leave. As I opened the door, I heard her say

"Hey there, new Roomie" .

Wicked.

**** **** **** ****

Hey guys. So this was the first chapter. I hope you guys liked it. Feel free to give me your review, whether it be good or bad. I will try my best to improve and reach your expectations.

And the story may seem plain and simple at first but please don't judge it too soon because I swear it will get better with every chapter and there is so much more to happen. And also Happy new year to everyone ❤.

Thanks for reading it.
Please vote and comment. I need a bit of rooting, haha.

Lots of love ❤