Chapter 21

"Stay," He whispered

I froze. These days I am having butterflies in my belly quite often. And it's so unusual.

I turned towards him with my cheeks slightly blushed. He opened his eyes and smiled at me cutely. My heart nearly melted at his smile. He pulled me and made me sit beside him. I sat there quietly not knowing what should I next speak.

"Stay here a bit longer," He told and pulled me to his chest. My head rested on his chest just like before.

I stayed there in his arms unsure of what words should I spill out next. Not being able to decide on my words I gave up and closed my eyes. I let myself breathe in his scent and count his heartbeats. He rubbed his thumb on my arms in circles which made my whole body stiff. I could feel goosebumps on my skin. I closed my eyes tightly and tried  not to embarrass myself. He noticed it and let out a small chuckle.

"You are really cute," I heard him say. I smiled "You won't believe me but you are cuter," I instantly responded and although I didn't see I could feel him frowning.

"Eric is cute, I am not" He said like a little kid. I raised my chin and looked at him wanting to see his expression. I ruffled his hair.

He let his arms lose and let go of the hold. I stood up and pulled his wrist to see the time.

"Damn, it's almost midnight. How much did we sleep?" I ask him amused at the time that his watch read.

"We slept quite a lot," He paused "Beside each other," He completed with a smirk.

I turned towards Eric before he could see my cheeks growing all red.

"We should let Eric sleep right?" I asked him as I changed the topic smoothly with my back facing him.

"Yes. And we should take a walk outside for a while." I heard him say from behind.

I immediately nodded my head in agreement and faced him. I really wanted to freshen up. He stood up, rubbed his eyes and stretched up his arm with a tiny yawn. I couldn't help but notice all of his perfect features. He caught me staring at him. He held my hand and pulled me out of the door.

I just followed his steps unaware of where it was leading me. Instead of getting used to being with Ryan I was getting more used to the awkward silence that existed between us after every little short break.

I stopped blind walking when the cold breeze hit my skin stroking the hair off my face. I looked around and realized that we were in terrace.

He pulled me to the edge of the terrace. I stopped to take a view at the beautiful sight in front of me. The lights looked really alluring with the night sky. A perfect contrast of life and death.

I heard a thud sound and looked Ryan who sat on the edge of the terrace with both his legs hanging in the air. He patted the place next to him indicating me to take the seat. I hesitated, it was risky sitting on the edge. I have never done that.

He raised his chin to look at me. "Trust me," He said and I found myself sitting beside him already. I hung my legs freely, it took me a moment to settle and when I did I gave a big smile. It felt good.

After a brief moment of getting used to the beautiful view I felt his hand on my hand.

After arguing with my conscience I finally decided to ask. I cleared my throat and he turned towards me.

"Why me?" I looked at his expression, he raised his eyebrows "There are so many gorgeous girls in our college. In fact even Rose is way more prettier then why me out of all?"

He understood my question and took in deep breathe.

"When I first saw you in the cafeteria you were so cute and innocent." He looked at me and I wiggled my eyebrows.

"This is not an answer," I said and he chuckled.

"You are someone whom I want to hug tightly and protect from this world. Yes, other girls are prettier but you are beautiful and pure. I want you to know your worth. You are worth having someone even more better than me. You are too good for this world."

I shook my head at his words. Who would even be someone more worth than him? He was too good for someone like me.

He noticed my not so pleased expression. He squeezed my hands tightly "You are perfectly imperfect with all your flaws,"

I opened my mouth "Is this supposed to be a compliment?" I asked.

He let out a small laugh shaking his head "Maybe," He smirked. I raised my hand to smack him but he caught my hand.

"You don't want me to fall down. Do you?" He said pointing downwards. I realized that we were sitting on the edge of a 7 storey building and immediately took my hand back.

I looked once again at the beautiful view and let my skin breath in the fresh air. I laid down on my back with my legs still hanging. I spread my arms wide and looked at the dark night sky trying to find some stars.

"I don't want people to pity me," I spit out. I don't know what made me say that but I just did. Ryan followed my action and lay beside me. He too spread his arms wide and took a breathe in. We both stared at the night sky, looking at the same sky itself made me happy.

"They will do what they want to," He said and turned towards me, his head resting on one of his arms. "But you know you can change that," The words that came out from his mouth made me change my position. I faced him and adjusted myself in the same position as his. Our eyes locked like it always does.

"If you start fighting for yourself, if you no more get scared to state your opinion, if you don't think a hundred times before saying something then maybe people will do stop pitying you."

It took me some time to grasp his words, to take them inside and gradually I did. I nodded at him.

"I will try my best. I will try my best to be strong." I said and I meant it. I didn't want people to support and protect me all the time. I didn't want Rose or Ryan to fight for me all the time. It's high time to be independent. I want to be the girl Ryan can be proud of. And I will.

I felt his hand at the back of my head. He pulled my head close and kissed my forehead.

This was the second time he kissed my forehead today and I love it.

________________________________________

AN

Hello Readers.

How was the chapter? 

Please keep supporting me there are gonna be around 10-12 chapters more. What do you think will happen more?

And do tell me if there is something you personally want in this story to happen. I will try my best to finalize it including the things you want.

Thanks for reading.

❤ Lots of love ❤