Chapter 33

"Wait

"Wait...We are going to board a ship?" I asked with my mouth gaping as I realized that we were standing outside a port.

I looked around. This was my first time, I always imagined a port to be full of people and noisy but it wasn't anything like that. There were only few people around and it was so quiet that I could almost hear the sound of waves.

Ryan chuckled "Hurry up,"

We took our bags and rushed towards the entrance. It was just like what you would have seen in a movie. Old walls, rusty rods, a cool breeze and just little too vaccant space as an exception.

Ryan stopped walking when he reached the front of a ship. He took the bag from my hand and started to climb up the stairs that lead to ships deck.

I looked at the ship. It was pretty big but two things about it seemed utterly odd. One - the ship was not any normal ship. It was a police ship. And two - There was no one else in the ship.

"Gianna come up," Eric shouted. I raised my chin and looked towards him. Everyone else was already there, looking down at me and waiting for me to join them.

I smiled and climbed the stairs and soon I was standing beside them. The ship started to move after a while, it was a weird feeling.

There was a room too in the ship, lavished and big. Eric and Finn excitedly entered the room while Rose and Troy followed them, leaving only me and Ryan outside.

I reached towards the railing to soak in the freshness of the sea. Ryan followed me and stood beside me. Silence wrapped up the atmosphere around us.

"You didn't really book the whole ship, did you?" I asked breaking the silence between us.

"Absolutely not. Can't you see other people here?" He asked his eyes glittering with a hint of mischief.

"I was stupid to ask that," I sighed.

"Stop thinking and stop questioning. You don't get to travel in a ship daily, do you?" Ryan said shaking me up.

"Daily? It's my first time," I said slightly smiling as the blueness of the sea settled in front of my eyes.

"Then enjoy the moment," He said taking his arm off me and facing the sea. I chuckled and stood right beside him facing the sea too.

I suddenly turned around him, laughing at myself. He faced me with a confused expression.

"Do you wanna try the Titanic pose?" I couldn't  restrain myself so I let it out. The sound of my laughter mixed along with his as he laughed too.

"You are so clichè," He said while laughing.

I stopped laughing and turned towards him, yanking up his collar I said "Love itself is a very clichè thing, Mister"

He gave a toothy grin hearing the word 'Mister'. He ruffled my hair "If you say so, Miss" I should have expected that.

I laughed and ran towards the forecastle of the ship and I could hear the echo of his footsteps right after mine.

Reaching to the edge, I already felt drowned in the cold breeze as it hit my face with full force. The white dress that I was wearing stuck to my body and my hair flew backwards.

Ryan put his both hands on my hip and helped me climb the steep edge. I found my balance and he immediately followed me. I stood still and closing my eyes, I slowly opened my arms just like in the movie. It felt spectacular, I wish I could stand there all day. I slowly opened my eyes and looked forward, nothing but the blueness of water filled my eyes.

I laughed "Why am I finding this funny?" I found it so silly of us to do this.

"Ryan?" I asked again without turning back, my eyes fixed on the water. I slowly turned back maintaining my balance and Ryan wasn't there. I literally thought he would be standing behind me just like Jack with his arms wide open but he wasn't.

I frowned. I jumped down the steep and growled with anger "Ryan come out. I swear I am gonna kill you," My eyes wandered around looking for him.

I heard his laughter and turned towards him. My hands resting on my hips, I glared at him but it didn't make his laughter stop. He clapped his both hands and laughed harder.

"Titanic pose, how was it Miss Gianna Vertes?" He teased me.

"You. I am going to kill you," I ran towards him. He ran as he laughed. With every footstep that I took, my anger settled down and I found myself enjoying the moment. I started laughing too, seeing him run like that. I wish I could live in the moment forever. It was so peaceful, sound of waves added a little melody to it and the air was so fresh. Everything felt a little more alive. Including me.

I was almost about to grab his T-shirt when I heard a sound. A sound that stopped me from running, a sound that made my heart skip beats, a sound that ripped the soul out of my body.

I looked at Ryan, he had the same terrified  expression on his face.

Goosebumps rested on my skin as if I had invited them myself. I could feel my heart thumping loudly in my chest. My voice trembled.

"That...That was a gunshot wasn't it?"

____________________________________________

Dun dun dun dun dun

What do you think guys?