Chapter 31

Nobody said anything, they didn't have to

Nobody said anything, they didn't have to. I could feel the tension in the atmosphere myself.

"Guys what's wrong?" I asked a little louder this time. Maybe they will have a better effect and answer me.

They all suddenly lightened up. I could tfail that everything was pretentious. Eric brief laughed and said "Milo chose you. We are sad."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Common Eric. This is not the thing, I know. Tell me. What's the matter?"

Maria answered "Trust me Gia, it's nothing." I was disappointed. Because one thing I knew for sure was that something's wrong. I can't keep pestering them if they want to keep me out of this.

Suddenly the door flew open. Rose entered and walked towards me. She held my arm and pulled me out of the room. Everything happened so fast that I had no time to even react.

I was feeling better now, a lot better than before we so I didn't stop her.

She took me to an empty room which I assume was Maria's. She locked the door and made me sit on the bed. She sat beside me and heaved a sigh.

"Will you listen to me now?" She asked. Her voice was a mixture guilt and frustration.

I avoided any type of eye contact with her. My eyes wandered around the room finding an object to settle on and it did. A photo frame with a picture of Ryan and Maria.

"Yes,"

"Gianna, look at me" She said pulling my arm. She made me turn towards her and made an eye contact with me.

"Listen. I...  I love Troy," She said.

"Is that all you've got?" I asked sounding rather rude than how much I intended to.

"Quiet. Listen to me first," She hushed me. And I followed her. She adjusted herself to her comfort before starting.

"Troy was my neighbour when we were young. We have known each other since forever. He was a coward back then. He used to get bullied in school only at the age of 6. He used to cry and complain to his parents, but they didn't take it seriously. One day, he came back from school all beaten up and in a really poor condition. That's when his parents realized the whole thing and decided to complain in school. They left Troy in my home while they went to school. I and my mom, we were dressing Troy's wound while we got a call."

She took a deep breath.

"And we found out that Troy's parents, they had an accident and died at the moment."

A tear spilled out from her eyes. My heart sank at the moment.

"It just took few minutes for Troy to become an orphan. He cried a lot. Later at night, my mom talked with dad and decided to adopt him."

She wiped her tears and chuckled.

"He was supposed to be my brother. But as time went by, we became close. Really close. We shared everything with each other. And we were indeed partner in crime. Along with our happiness and grief, we also shared drugs and cigarettes. He needed it to escape from the reality and I needed to support him no matter what."

She cleared her throat.

"We literally used to hide in my room and do drugs. We were addicted. We laughed like crazy when we were high and danced together as if there was no tomorrow. Those moments were so precious. But slowly as time went by, Troy started to change, he wasn't the same innocent boy anymore. He became bad and fierce and wild. I tried to control him but I failed. He started to bully others and found joy in it, for the world was never good to him. And I, when I couldn't handle him. I joined him. I became bad, rude and arrogant. My way of dressing changed, my way of make up, my way of speaking. Everything changed."

"But my change was surreal. I soon came back to my real self. The only thing that remained with me was my addiction for drugs and my love for Troy. And he hated it when someone interrupts us doing drugs together. Do you remember the first day you came in?"

I nodded. How can I forget the first day? The room was filled with smoke and Rose looked like a total drug addict sitting in midst of all the smoke.

"I wasn't alone that day in there," She said.

I raised my eyebrows in shock "Troy was there?"

She shrugged "Yes, we were having time of our life but then you interrupted, he hid himself under my bed and the first time he saw you wasn't the cafeteria but our room itself. And he was pissed at you that's why he targeted you the very next moment he saw you in the cafeteria. And I tried to stop him like always, I stepped up for you. But like I said before, I always fail when it comes to him. When he did that again on the fresher's party, I immediately called him and told him to keep you out of all this. He said it was fun and that you were cute."

I couldn't control. A laugh escaped my mouth. He found it cute to bully me? How absurd. Rose didn't seem to notice my laugh and she continued

"He genuinely loved me. I guess you would know by now. He is mad. He will do anything for me. I am sorry that he called you a bitch back then. It's probably because of me. He must have gotten really angry when you slapped me. We really love each other. I wanted to tell you, but I just couldn't. Because I was so embarrassed. I was embarrassed of us, I thought you would hate me and I didn't want to lose you. I am so sorry, Gia. We are so sorry."

I cleared my throat. It was my turn to speak, but what should I say? I mean, I kinda am okay with Rose and Troy now. I can totally imagine them as Joker and Harley Quinn. Like they are kinda like a bad couple in a good way? Argh whatever.

"It's okay. I am really sorry for that slap earlier." I hesitated but I said at last.

"It's alright. I deserved it." She said looking down.

She pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back. It felt good. I was happy that we sorted out things and I was happy to be back with her.

She let go of the hug. "Just a second," She took out her Phone and called someone. I looked at her confusingly. She looked towards the door. I followed her gaze and it landed on Troy, who just walked in.

He looked at Rose and then walked towards me. He rubbed the back of his head and offered me a hand.

"Friends?"

_____________________________________________

AN

I don't know if I was able to present what I wanted to present in a proper way or not. But how was it, guys?

Let me know your views about this chapter.

3-4 more chapters to go and then it's gonna end.
Dammit.

Anyways love you all ❤