Chapter-7

I literally froze my ground mentally frowning

I literally froze my ground mentally frowning. This has to be some kind of joke. I cannot be Miss. Fresher. I just can't. I am probably the ugliest girl out here, how can they even? Realisation hits and I suddenly realize

Troy. It has to be Troy. He went and said my name to the anchor so that he can make a scene out of me. I swear I will kill him someday.

I stood there with the spotlight in the completely dark arena. I looked around,  Rose, Finn and Eric were as shock as I was. And others, others were all looking at me. I barely heard the anchor call out my name again. With the spotlight guiding me to the stage and people making a way for me, I walked.

I was not able to breathe probably. I was hell nervous. I slowly climbed up the stairs and finally stood there on the stage. I saw everyone from there looking gorgeous and they all were looking at me. After 2 seconds of silence everyone bursted out laughing. Starting with Troy.

They were all laughing as if they heard the funniest joke. Funny or not but I knew that the joke was me. Gianna Vertes becoming Miss. Fresher has to be some kind of joke.
I looked at Rose, she looked angry and so did Finn and Eric standing beside her. I got hit on my elbow with an empty plastic cup which was probably thrown by one of Troy's acquaintance. I clenched my fist tightly. Everyone started booing and hooting. I was ashamed, ashamed of myself. I didn't know how to react. I tried to stop myself from trembling so hard but I was not able to. I was not able to do anything except for look at all the laughing faces teasing me and looking down on me.

Tears started forming in my eyes and my vision blurred. I looked at Troy, he looked quite satisfied. I felt impotent and feeble like never before. I looked down, I didn't want everyone to see my crying face. I forced myself to think about some good and happy stuffs but I wasn't able to. I was not able to get the image of everyone booing at me out of my mind and my elbow wasn't helping either. 

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I still kept my head down. The feeling was unexplainably miserable. All I could hear was laughter. I closed my eyes to ease the pain.

Suddenly everyone grew silent. I wasn't hallucinating, everyone actually grew silent. No one was laughing anymore. I opened my eyes slowly and raised my head to look towards everyone. Seriously no one was laughing. Everyone's face seemed dead serious and washed with utter disbelief. Even Rose, Finn and Eric looked shocked.

What just happened?

I noticed that everyone was looking at a particular direction, no not towards me. They were all looking beside me. I turned, there was one more spotlight beside mine. My jaw dropped at what I just saw. How can I forget about him? Beside me stood Ryan Jensen on the spotlight. He stood proudly with his chest so tight and he was, he was wearing glasses. He fucking wore glasses. Everyone was looking at him. No one was teasing, no one was booing and making fun of me. I didn't feel mortified anymore.

I looked at him still in shock. He seriously wore glasses for me? He looked towards me and smiled. I swear my heart was still heavy from all the embarrassment but that smile of his washed away all my embarrassment. He looked absolutely adorable. He walked towards me along with his spotlight and stopped right in front of me. He fixed his glasses and smiled at me. I stood there completely reactionless and kept my eyes fixed on him.

He took out his handkerchief and handed me. He stepped closer and whispered in my ears leaving chills throughout my body.

"Wipe your tears and smile."

As I returned back to my senses, I took his handkerchief, opened my specs and wiped my tears which had completely drained my face. I looked at him, he seemed to understand my gratitude and nodded in response. I looked at the crowd, everyone was still shocked and some were even taking videos. I looked at Troy, his eyes boiling with rage.

"Where is the sash for our Miss.Fresher?" Ryan said loud enough for everyone to hear.

The same two girls in red dress came running on the stage with the sash and helped me wear it. I finally smiled because this deadly silence felt better than all those laughter. I heard few claps, It was Rose of course. She was smiling brightly and clapping for me, Finn and Eric joined her too. Ryan started clapping too beside me and his fangirls joined and soon their boyfriends joined too. At last the whole crowd was clapping for me except for Troy and his gang. All thanks to this very man, Ryan Jensen.

The party got over quite soon after all the showdown. I was not able to take all those uncomfortable stares so I left the party with Rose.

Rose hugged me as soon as we reached our room. I smiled. Good gracious, what did I do to get such amazing friends?

We changed into some comfortable clothes and jumped on our bed. Even though I didn't do much but I felt exhausted. I checked my phone and there was a group formed. 5 people in the group formed by Eric. I instantly saved all their numbers.

Eric sent some funny memes on the group and everyone replied with a laughing emoji. We didn't talk much, everyone was probably tired.

My thoughts were maundering around only one person, Ryan. I remembered his face after he wore the glasses and how good he looked that time. My heart literally fluttered at the thought of him.

After countless debates with my conscience I finally gathered the guts to text him

Ah well.....  I don't know what that heart in his name I saved for.

__________________________________________

A/N- Hey guys, hope you liked the chapter.

And the pic at the very start,does that seem relatable now?  Haha...  Love is finally blooming. Stick with me people, there is so much more to come.

Warm regards and lots of love ❤