Chapter - 34

I was not able to move for a while, the sound still buzzed in my ears

Few seconds hardly passed when a loud scream accompanied the sound of waves. And that scream was of Troy.

Hearing the scream, I and Ryan rushed inside. Looking for the source of sound, I ran across the room. My footsteps came to halt when I heard Ryan gasp.

My eyes trailed for the direction his were fixed in. I trembled at what my eyes just saw.

Troy was crying and Finn was holding him, keeping him captive. Eric looked at me and Ryan, guilty soaked in his eyes. I looked at the one person left. Rose was lying on the floor, her right shoulder dripping with blood and her clothes already soaked.

I ran to her and immediately reached. My voice trembled and tears started to fill my eyes.

"Rose, wake up" I shook her and let out a small cry as it was only the beginning. After my continuous effort of trying to wake her up and after my continuous failure, I turned to Eric for an explanation.

"What happened to her?" I managed to say between my sobs. Tears kept spilling out of my eyes like an endless waterfall.

Eric raised his hands to explain me. And that's when I saw the last thing I had expected to see. He had a gun in his hand.

"What did you do?" My voice broke. Where was my sweet Eric gone? Where was the cute Eric who ruffled my hair and pouted everytime he was upset.

This Eric had a gun in his hand, and I wish it really was a different Eric but no he wasn't.

"Gianna, I can explain" Eric said as he tried to walk towards me.

"Stay away," I pointed my palm towards him as a defense and moved back. He looked shocked and guilty.

I couldn't help but feel disgust towards him. Troy yelped and cried trying to free himself, only so he could run to Rose.

"This was not the part of our plan, what happened?" My heart drowned as I recognized the voice. My chest tightened as pain fumed throughout my body.

I turned my head to look towards him.

"Let me explain," Eric said his face rigid and eyes fixed on me. I lost it and I started to cry loudly. I turned away and looked at Rose.

"I know this wasn't the part of plan but neither was Troy and Rose discovering our secret. Neither was Troy trying to kill us and then going for you,"

"Then you should have shot me instead," Troy shouted as he cut in Eric.

"She is not dead." Eric shouted.

I immediately put my hand on her nostrils and yes, I was able to feel the warm breath on my fingertips. A stroke of relief passed through me, but it didn't ease the pain I was feeling.

"Gianna listen to me," Ryan said and I turned towards him. With my blurred vision I watched him approach me.

He walked towards me and stood right in front of me "I know you are confused but listen to me carefully okay?"

I hated it. I hated everything happening and I didn't want to listen anything but I wasn't able to stop my redemption. I nodded in response.

"Troy and Rose are massive drug addicts," He said and paused. I met his gaze "That doesn't explain," I said my voice still breaking because I was not able to stop myself from crying.

"And they are criminals." He said after taking a long breathe. I frowned.

"They are what?"

"Yes. Criminals. They not only do drugs by them self but they also illegally drug others,"

I was confused. It was too much to process all at once.

"They have drugged many innocent people, making their living life a living hell." His eyes met with mine and he immediately looked down.

"They have drugged you,"

It felt as if the sky above collapsed and the ground beneath just disappeared. I struggled to breath properly.

"How do you know that?" I asked. My voice filled with fear of every possible outcome.

"We had a doubt but our doubt just confirmed into reality when we found a box full of drugs under her bed. You must have seen it right?" Finn finally spoke. His voice nothing like what I have heard before.

"You guys knew all along that she did drugs?" I asked completely baffled. All these time I tried to hide this thing from them and they knew it all along.

"We even saw her that day, in the store room with a bleeding nose when you rescued her," Eric said.

I was shocked as I was hearing things I couldn't have even thought about in my wildest of dreams. I wiped my tears and cleared my throat.

"That still doesn't explain that they drugged me," I said and my voice didn't break this time.

"Yes, that doesn't but Milo does" Eric said.

I was about to question but Ryan cut in "Milo is Eric's puppy. He has been with Eric ever since he was born. He is trained, and he has an ability to sniff drugs."

I was still confused about so many things.

"Remember that day when we played a game with Milo? Milo chose you over Eric. Why do you think that happened?"

No. What they are saying can't be true. Rose is my best friend, she wouldn't do that to me.

I remembered the time we played the game. As soon as I won everyone was disappointed and tensed and Ryan left the room.

I hated to believe it but the dots did seem to join.

"I...  I still don't believe it," I said and Ryan sighed.

Finn took out the handcuffs and pinned Troy's hand. He then walked off and came back shortly.

He had a small machine like thing on his hand. He walked straight towards me.

"Give me your hand," He asked straightforward. I hesitatingly took out my hand towards him. He pierced it with a needle immediately, I winced as blood poured out. He brought the machine closer and pressed my hand making the blood to drop on the silver plate it had.

Soon, a red light flickered and buzzer went off.

"Drugs are running in your blood," He raised the machine "And this is the proof,"

I gulped and tears start overflowing my eyes again. I felt betrayed by the only friends I had.

I turned sideways and broke down. I cried loudly as I couldn't kelp it in.

Finn took Troy outside and Eric lifted Rose.

"She is gonna be fine, I promise." He said before leaving. It left only me and Ryan inside.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, his hand. I turned around. I saw Ryan and cried even louder. He pulled me into a hug.

I placed my chin on his shoulder while hugging him. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I slowly slid my hand to his back pocket. Pulling out the riffle with full speed, I pushed him with my other hand and pointed the riffle towards him. He slowly raised his hands as a surrender.

"Who are you?"