Chapter 10

I don't know why but a part of me didn't want to tell Rose that it was Ryan's jacket

But I knew I should and so I did "It's Ryan's Jacket," I told her sounding casual about it but little did she knew about my heart beating faster than ever.

She raised her eyebrows suspiciously and I explained her whatever happened earlier.
She nodded as if in conclusion.

"I think he likes you," She blurted out on god knows what basis.

I mentally scoffed and shrugged "No."

Poor Rose, she has no idea that Ryan likes her and not me. But then poor me because I know that he likes her! And this feeling that I get sucks.

She placed the jacket back to where it was and went to her bed. My eyelids got heavy with all the strange feelings and irresistible thoughts of him as I let the darkness consume me.

The next morning I woke up early because I wanted to spend some time in library. I really liked the library here, it's filled with all the books I would love to read. Rose was sleeping so I thought not to perturb her sleep.

I wore a T-shirt dress and kept my wet hair open. With a plan of issuing at least 3 books today I started looking for the best ones. Just when I was looking for a book that I wanted,I saw a familiar broad shoulder between the books on the other side. I knew who it was. Ryan Jensen.  I was absolutely surprised to see him read a book with such concentration. I smiled, I like people who liked to read books.

He looked gorgeous even early in the morning. I was so deeply engaged in noticing his features that I didn't notice a book fall to my side until it made a sound. I quickly bent down and picked up the book. I saw Ryan look in my direction and so I hid myself behind the bookshelf until he averted his eyes back to reading. 

I finally found the 3 books that I wanted, went to the counter and borrowed them. The 3 books were fat and heavy. It covered almost half of my face as I was carrying it out of the library.  I saw the big library door in front of me and slowly started moving towards it with the load.

I don't know how and because of what but I tripped and fell with a thud which according to me was loud enough. My 3 books got scattered and my glasses fell in front of me. I was about to get up but just then I saw my glasses being crushed with a shoe in front of me. I didn't even have to look up to see who it was. I knew it was that infuriating bastard, Troy.

I looked up with my body still laid on the floor. He had a smirk on his face, his hands in both of his pocket and was looking side to side pretending as if he didn't see me. I looked at my glasses, all shattered. Just then I saw Ryan between Troy's leg. Ryan looked angry and was walking towards me.

My reflexes worked faster than ever because I don't know why but I didn't want another favor from Ryan, I didn't want him to make me feel that way again. And so I did the first thing that came in my mind. I quickly tied Troy's shoelaces together when he was trying hard to maintain that cool face of his. I saw Ryan, he stopped his track and looked at me with amusement. He tried to control his laughter and seeing him like that I smiled too.

I got up rubbing both my hands and finally Troy looked at me. He pretended as if he just noticed me. "Where did you appear from? Little peanut." He smirked.

I don't know what changed but I didn't feel like crying instead I felt confident "I appeared from your karma," I said.

His expression changed seeing me so confident. He stomped his feet harder while he kept his gaze fixed on me. "You see your glasses over there?" He asked pointing towards the glasses that was completely shattered under his feet. "How do you think will karma pay me back for this?"

I kept my head down and pretended to be scared. He let out a small satisfactory laughter. "Good girl," He said as he ruffled my hair. Ah...  How I wish I could punch him.

He took a step forward to walk but fell tremendously and even louder than my fall. I heard him growl.

Good job tying the laces, Gianna.

I bent down and ruffled his hair "This is how Karma pays you back," I heard some people gasp around us. I felt really good but I knew Troy was angry, angry then ever before.

"You," He said angrily as he got up. He looked at his intertwined shoelaces and started to untangle it. I looked at Ryan, he was laughing and had a proud look on his face. He showed a thumbs up to me and I smiled happily too. Yes, it felt so great to fight back.

Troy got up as he finished his untangling business. He took a step towards me with his eyes radiating rage full of anger. I was about to take a step back just when Ryan came "You okay?" He asked me and looked at Troy.

Troy looked at me and Ryan, stomped his feet hardly and went from there. Ryan stood in front of me and we started to laugh at our victory. I didn't want a favor from him but I guess I can't help it after all.

"That was cool," He said his eyes glittering.
I beamed as I was obviously too happy "Thanks."

Just then my eyes averted at a familiar jacket behind Ryan. I tilted to look behind him and to get a clear view. Ryan followed my eyes and turned back.

At the door stood a girl wearing Ryan's Jacket, Rose.

__________________

AN :  Hello people
How do like my book so far?
I am trying hard to make it better and to keep you guys engaged. Thanks for all the support you guys are giving me. It really  Means a lot ❤.

And hey, if you guys haven't checked out my new 'CONTEST' book then go and check it out ^❤^. I will post short stories there as my entry for various contests. I have really worked hard on it please spare me your 5 minutes and go check it out ^_^

Warm regards to all ❤