Chapter 14

"Rose are you alright? What happened?" I asked with my voice really loud

I wiped the blood from her nose with my handkerchief.

What should I do? 

Suddenly I got reminded of the small hole which connected the store room with the locker room of sports arena. Yes. Our dorm room is nearer from there. I will take Rose there.

"You think you can walk?" I asked her.

She nodded. I placed her one arm over my shoulder and got hold of her waist with my other hand. I slowly raised her up. I could clearly see that she had no strength in her knees. I knew what it was. It was side effects of drug overdose. Why would Rose do that? Damn this girl.

I walked slowly with Rose's weight on my body. She stumbled quite a lot of times but I somehow managed to drag her till our room.

I dropped her on the bed as soon as we entered the room. She started to cough loudly. And her eyes grew blood red.

What do I do now? This is bad.

I need help. Should I call Ryan?  No no...  I can't let Ryan, Finn and Eric see this side of Rose. I am screwed.

I quickly poured some water in a glass and gave it to Rose. She took a sip and started to cough more vigorously than before. This is real bad.

Yes!

Suddenly I remembered about Rose's partner who bought us that farewell dress. He is probably her boyfriend. Yes, he can help.

I quickly took Rose's phone and opened her contact list. I typed the word 'partner' and found it at once. I immediately called the person. After 2 rings someone picked up the phone. Surprisingly the voice from the other side sounded very familiar but rang no bell in my mind. 

I explained the situation I was caught up in. And he immediately cut the call. Seriously?
I tried very hard to recall the voice but I wasn't able to.

I heard Rose cough and I immediately shifted my attention on her. I started to panic as I felt helpless.

I heard a doorbell and rushed to open the door. What? I looked around and no one was there. I grew furious. I was so not in the mood for some pranks.

My eyes landed on the a small blue box. I picked it up and saw a note stick to it which read

'Medicine'

And in small letters was written '-partner'. I quickly shut the door from inside and started to unbox the box. I took the medicines that was inside with a glass of water and rushed to Rose.

I made her swallow the tablet with a sip of water. She closed her eyes after a while. Slept? Maybe she will get better after she wakes up.

I sighed as I went to my bed. I laid flat on the mattress and opened my phone. There was a message on our group chat. It was Eric of course.

'Excited for our camp to Cambria'

I smiled. It better be fun. I just hope that Rose gets better soon. I sent an emoji as a reply '😌'. I kept my phone aside and closed my eyes secretly hoping to see 'him' in my dreams. And I did see him, his lips, his jawline, his hair and his deep brown eyes staring back at me intently.

I almost fell asleep when another doorbell woke me up. Medicines again?  I opened the door and as expected, I saw no one. I looked down and found a box again. But this time it wasn't a small blue box, it was a little bigger in size and gift wrapped as a bonus.

I bought the gift inside the looked for the note with the word 'partner' but it was nowhere to be found.

I found a note with 'From your secret admirer❤' written on it.

What? This must be for Rose. There is no way this can be for me.

I walked to keep the gift on Rose's side table. I took 2 steps back and stared at my reflection at the full length mirror. Woah..... I forgot. I forgot about my makeover and that I look pretty now. I smiled and winked at my reflection.

You better get used to being this pretty Gia.

I looked at the gift. Maybe...  Just maybe this can be for me right? Uhm...  I mean you never know. I walked back with the gift to my bed. I hoped on my bed and start to unwrap the gift. After unboxing two times my eyes finally saw the thing inside.

It was a clock. A really beautiful table clock. It was white in color designed with some leaves and branches around. A basket like thing was attached to it which had some beautiful flowers on it.

I could not take my eyes off the pretty clock

I could not take my eyes off the pretty clock. I spotted a small piece of paper inside the basket. I carefully took out the paper with my two fingers. It was neatly folded. With my mind trying out every possibilities of what would be written I unfolded the paper and read the words 'Waiting for the time to be ours' written  in a really nice calligraphy.

I sighed. There is no way this would be for me. I was about to pack it back and place it as Rose's table when I saw my name written behind the note. Damn. This is for me.

Is this for real? Who sent it for me? Now that I knew it was for me I bawled my eyes once again properly at the clock not missing any part of it.

I caught myself again secretly wishing for it to be from Ryan. But I immediately pushed back the thoughts. There is no way this would be him. No way.

Don't even think about it Gianna.

I heard something move. I turned back and saw Rose wake up with her both hands on her head and her eyes slowly fluttering in confusion.

So the medicine did work. Thanks partner.