Twenty

Y/N POV

I gasped and dropped the note, looking around but there was nobody to be seen.

My heart started beating at a quicker pace and I released a shaky breath as I walked to my car.

As I opened the car door, I looked around one more time before I got in the car.

I needed to just shrug it all off and head to work, I didn't want to be late.

It would also make me feel a bit safer with others.

I got in the car, but with  me being a bit paranoid, I checked the back seat and it was clear.

I shook my head at my silliness and then I started the car and drove off to work.

~2 minutes later~

As I was driving I looked in the rearview mirror, ready to switch lanes when I saw that same black car that has been following me since I left the house.

I stated feeling paranoid again and I switched lanes, only to have the black car do the same.

My heart rate started increase as I got frightened.

I started getting nervous and decided to just pay attention to the road.

Maybe it's just going to the same place as me.

I thought to myself.

Let's just think of driving, and paying attention to the road.

I told myself as I took deep breaths and continued to drive.

Doing that would help me get my mind off of the car behind me.

In the corner of my eye I noticed that it moved a little closer to my car.

My breath hitched and I gulped, and I didn't even notice that I had ran a red light.

I heard a truck honk its loud  horn and before I could even comprehend what happened everything went black.