Christmas Party

Katniss' POV:

So, I got out of the hospital yesterday.I still feel a little upset, that I ruined others vacay start. They tell me not to worry about it, so I don't. I just want to go to the Mellark's Christmas party tonight. Since Peeta told me he has a surprise for me when I get there, then I am going there with my best friend and my brother aka Annie and Finn.

"Can I come with you, sis?" Prim asks me in the sweetest voice she can do.

"Aww, of course, you can come with us, Little Duck. Just find yourself something pretty and help me and we will be on our way," I say to her and put a stray of her hair behind her ear.

"Thanks, Katniss!" She says, hugs me, and runs to her room.

I walk back to my room and send a message to Annie about Prim coming as well. I start to think about my past. Haymitch actually helped us with the money and everything. I mean, he is rich for a human, although, he is a police officer. He told me once, that he saved a VERY rich persons kid's life and after that, they just send like 1,000 dollars to him EVERY MONTH. Like, that's crazy shit.

"I'm ready, sis!" Prim runs in my room.

"Okay, since you and Peeta are dating, you, my dear, are going to put on this!" she says in a fancy accent and pulls out a beautiful dress. We laugh at the accent but then I look at the dress again.

"Prim, I swear to you, that it wasn't in my closet until now. Where did you get it?" I ask without taking my eyes off of it. It's incredibly beautiful.

"Well, Cinna insisted to give you this, so here I am." Oh. My. Freaking. God. It's just too beautiful to be true.

"Okay, I'm gonna do your make up, but you have to put this on first." I do as she tells me to do.

"You're not gonna look into the mirror yet, not before I have done your make up!" Prim shouts, blocking my view. Guess there's no other option.

After about twenty minutes Prim says that she's ready and I get to look at myself. The woman in the mirror can't be me. She's beautiful. But when I move, so does she. I hug my sister tight.

"Thank you, Prim! You are the best sister, anyone could wish for!" She just laughs and thanks me.

Soon we hear a knock on the door.So we go downstairs. "Katniss, Prim, where are you guys?" Annie asks and I hear her being attacked by Prim. I just laugh a little and keep going down the stairs.

"So where is my sister then?" Finn asks and in the corner of my eye, I see Prim pointing to me. The only reason I can't concentrate on them is that I have to concentrate on going down the stairs with heels. They're not very high, but I usually wear flats, so... Let's say that I'm not an expert.

"Well, you certainly look gorgeous, Katniss," I hear Annie say and Finn just looks at me.

"Well, you do too, Annie, and you have a handsome date over here," I say with a fancy accent and I start to laugh at it. Soon Prim and Annie join me. I go over Finnick and hug him.

"You have to let me know immediately if any guy else than our group comes closer to you than 1 meter or bothers you, okay? Because I will not let them do anything to you. I love you sister," he whispers in my ear and I know what he's referring to. The accident that happened just a few days ago.

"I love you too, brother. I promise I will let you know if anything happens. I promise,"I whisper back and he lets me go.

"Okay, let's go!" Prim shouts and we all put our warm coats on and run to the car.

It takes us about five minutes to get there and we step out of the car. There's already a lot of people in there.

"Peeta!"Finnick yells but I see him first. He is talking to a girl to me about something. The girl's looking a bit older than us.