Having a baby

-two weeks later-

Katniss' POV:

I wake up in the night, tonight for the first time, for my daughter's screams. I get ready to get out of the bed and take care of her when Peeta stops me.

"I've got this," he says and I lay back down on the bed. Soon he comes into the room and kisses my temple to wake me up as if I didn't hear her cries in the room now. Actually, I'm so exhausted of waking up at night past midnight and having to be up for half an hour. When we first got home, she cried about eight times a night, but now she has come down for one to three times. And I'm so grateful for the last pieces of sleep I could have.

I wake up to Peeta tickling me. "S-t-o-p, P-e-et-a, s-t-o-p!" I try to say between my laughter.

"Hey, I think our baby wants food, but she doesn't take it from me," Peeta says, giving the formula in the bottle to me. The one thing I hate about being a mum at eighteen is that I can't breastfeed her. Yes, I could breastfeed her on the day of her birth, but I run out of it really quick.

I take the bottle and put it in her mouth. She starts sucking the formula out of it really fast. "You're good at it," Peeta says to me and I giggle at it.

"You're better at calming her down," I say and kiss his cheek. After a few minutes Wills, that's Willow's nickname, by the way, finishes eating and I burp her. After this, Peeta takes her in his arms and she falls asleep.

"Baby, I need to go to college tomorrow, could you take her back to bed? I am so freaking tired," I say and yawn.

"Yeah, sure," he says and leaves the room. Seconds later he comes back and I'm lying on my side under the blanket, so he thinks I'm asleep.

"I love you so much, you're the light of my life," he says and kisses my neck, puts his arms around me protectively and we fall asleep.

****************

"Honey, wake up, you need to get ready for school," Peeta says right to my ear and I jerk awake. What time is it?

"It's 7 a.m." I smile at him. "I said that out loud, didn't I?" I ask and he nods.

"Okay, you should wake up for real now, I'll be at the bakery with Wills, okay?" he asks and I nod.

-time flash-

"Well, how do you enjoy living with the baby?" Annie asks smiling when I miraculously get to school.

"It's great, well, apart from that I didn't get sleep at the first week at all, now Wills only wakes up 1 to 3 times during the night," I say and she nods at me.

"With Crisp, it was the same," she says and I nod. " I know, Ann, I was there," I say and she giggles at herself.

Annie's POV:

We walk to meet Clove and the others near the cafeteria, where we have our first lesson and chat with them when we arrive. This is the most boring lesson ever, but we pass it, 'cuz it's easy.

"Annie, care to walk to the bakery with me after school?" Kat asks. I nod at her and she smiles back at me. She starts going through the Panem news app as usual. This time she stops and her smile disappears.

"Katniss, are you okay?" Thresh asks and she moves her head to the sides in disagreement.

"What's wrong?" Glim asks and kat shows her the news. Glim get's the same expression as Katniss and goes to hug her. I grab the phone from Jo when she has read it and gets an expression like she's ready to fight.

'A prisoner, who's been in prison for over a year now, is finally freed.

Mr. Gale Hawthorne, who has abused and raped her ex-girlfriend, is finally getting freed. The person himself says, that he feels like a new person. We do not know the answer given by his ex-girlfriend, Mrs. Katniss Mellark.

Mrs. Mellark's stepfather, Mr. Haymitch Abernathy, who is the head chief of the police department, wasn't happy with the courts choice, but he has to deal with it, says the court.

We will report on the case if we have some new news on it.'

"Oh, Kat, we will have your back. I'm sure you feel bad, maybe you could get home, I will send you. But first let's go to the doctor, okay?" I ask and she nods. The doctor's office is nearby, and hearing the news, he lets us go home and rest, but only today. We thank him and walk out of the school.

"You sure you don't want to take my car?" I ask the tenth time and she shakes her head.

"I feel so light headed right now, but I don't want to throw up all over your car," she says and thankfully, the bakery isn't too far away from here. When we are near the bakery, Kat runs behind a bush near the house and throws up.

"Kat I'm so sorry," I say and she shakes her head when she's done.

"Don't be, It's not your fault," she says as we walk in the door.

"Hello, Mellark's bakery, what would you like?" Peeta's older brother Jake asks not facing us yet. I know all about the Mellark's, thanks to that my best friend is in marriage with one. I and Finn decided to marry in this year, but not yet.

"Oh, it's you two," he says when he turns around. "Katniss, why are you so pale in your face?" he asks, worried for his sister-in-law.

"I need to talk to Peeta, it's very important," Kat says and it's clearly written on her face.

"Sure," he says opening the back door.

Peeta's POV:

"Peeta!" Katniss comes running inside and hugs me tightly, not saying a word, except repeating my name. Annie follows her and takes Willow out of the room.

"Kat, what's wrong?" I ask and she starts to sob to my shirt.

"I-I'm s-so afraid-d," she says handing me her phone, what I unlock easily. There's an open page and I look at it. Gale's out of jail, although Haymitch didn't want him to.

"Kat, you're not alone in this. If his coming to take you or Willow or the both of you, he will only get you over my dead body, which is not going to happen," I say and she doesn't calm down.

"What if he comes over, while you're away?" she asks terrified.

"Kat, look at me," I say rising her chin. "Are you okay with Mark, Callum, and Alexandra moving into our house, while I'm away?" I ask and she nods. "This way at least my brother could keep you and our baby girl safe," I say and she nods hugging me tightly.

"I love you," I say and she smiles at me.

"If only you knew, how much I love you," she says and we kiss.

"Guys, I have a problem," Annie says and we rush into the room. It was a mistake. She has pooped her diapers and the room is filled with stinkiness.