The surprise and the gender

Katniss' POV:

The college is great, anyways better than high school. Annie is already at five months with the pregnancy. I'm three and a half months and the morning sickness has stopped.But our baby has started kicking, what scared me at first. Anyways, Annie and Finn had a deal that Annie would find out the gender without him. They are having a baby boy and I'm so happy for them. 

The guys send us letters on every chance they have. Right now I have woken up from my sleep to read one of the letters. Oh! And Cookie is with Prim right now, I just want to be with the girls at the moment.

Hello, The love of my life!

I miss you every single day. I hope that everything's alright with my fiancée and our baby. 

By the way, how is the baby? I heard that Annie is having a boy. I think that ours is going to be a girl. What do you think about our baby's gender?

Has my mom visited you? She promised to be around while I was gone. I truly hope she has kept her promise. I wouldn't like to come home seeing you suffer in any way.

Are you okay? I hope you don't have those awful nightmares still. I hope, that college is easier on you than high school, and if not, I will protect you for the rest of my life. Especially, when Gale comes out of the jail.

I'm coming home in a month, so that's the good news. Also, everyone is alive, so don't worry.

I love you two so so so much. I love you more than life itself and remember that. 

I will see you soon!

Your Peeta

I miss him so much it hurts! After a little while, Annie comes in and tells me to get ready for school and soon we get there with Clove and meet Jo, Marvel, Glim, and Thresh.

"You guys ready for the day?" Jo asks and we nod.

-time flash-

The group wanted to go eat somewhere while I went home. They asked if everything was okay and I said yes. I just want to have a bathtub at home.

I get to the door and something seems weird. The door isn't locked. Guess we were in a hurry leaving.

I get in the house and take off my jacket and shoes. "Daddy will be home in two weeks, honey," I say as the baby kicks and I rub my stomach gently. Baby continues to kick as we get up the stairs and in front of my room. 

I open the door and tears start rolling down my face. "Surprise, Kat!" Peeta cheers with roses in his hands and I, still in shock, go to hug him.

"Oh my god, I missed you so much!" I say as happy tears make their way out of my eyes. Peeta was going to say something, but our baby kicks, making him stop.

"Did our baby just-" Peeta says as I nod. He gets down on his knees and happy tears start rolling down his face as well. 

"I missed you so much as well," he says, raises my shirt up and kisses my bump. He raises and kisses me.

"Peeta, I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow and we may be able to see the gender. I know you want to come with me," I say and see the excitement in his eyes. He takes my hands in his and squeezes them.

"Thank you for everything, Katniss. Without you, I would have nothing," he says and kisses me passionately. Thank goodness, it's Friday, and that the others are going in their own homes tonight, -Peeta told me about Finnick's and Cato's plan- so we have the house for ourselves again.

"Care to take a bath with me?" I ask as I pull away from the kiss. His eyes fill with love and lust and I laugh at it as I walk into the bathroom.

As I take my shirt off, so I'm left in my bra and jeans, he starts sucking on my neck. I turn around and look him in his beautiful clear blue eyes. "You have no idea how sexy you look right now," he says and I giggle at it.

"Okay, let me just fill the bubble bath and then let's see what happens," I say and Peeta starts smirking at me.When the tub is filled and the jets are on I crawl in and wait for him.

After a second he runs in and sits in our jacuzzi next to me. I crawl on his lap and hug him. "I missed you so much, hottie," I say and kiss him. The kiss goes on aggressively and eventually, we get out of the bath and lay on the bed and make love.

"I love you so damn much," he says panting as he pulls me close to him.

"I love you very very much," I say. I wish that he wouldn't have to go again, but eventually, he does.

"Peeta?" I say, hoping he's not asleep yet.

"Yeah, Kat?" he asks worriedly. He has been really worried about me after getting to know that I'm pregnant.

"Will you stay with me?" I ask.

"Always," he says and for the first time in three months, I fell into a sleep without nightmares.

**************

Peeta's POV:

I wake up and see my beautiful soon to be wife in my arms. Seriously, she's perfect in any way. I kiss her on her forehead. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps without nightmares. I remember last night and smile to myself. "Always," I repeat to her.

She starts to stir and her gorgeous grey orbs flutter open. "Hello," she says and yawns. I smile at her. "Good morning, fiancée," I say and she smiles widely, while she stretches.

I put my arm on her baby bump and feel a kick in no time. "If your theory is right, she's a daddy's girl," she says and we both smile.

-time flash to the doctor-

"Hello, I'm doctor Sullivan. Katniss, you should remember me from the first time you went here in June," he says, Kat nods, and I smile, remembering the day I found out, that I would be a dad.

He puts some gel on her stomach and takes out a machine, what he starts rolling on the gel. We see a baby's figures on the screen. I know it's a girl, I just know it! I won't let my happy tears out of my eyes, while Kat has let some of them go.

"Would you like to know the gender?" He asks. I look at Katniss, who nods a little to me.

"Yeah," I tell him and he focuses on the screen. "You are having a girl! Congratulations to the both of you!" he says and walks out of the room. I hug Kat and raise her up in my arms and since I didn't bother to wipe the gel off, it's all over my shirt now.

"Oh my god!" Kat shouts in happiness and hugs me tight. A few minutes later I don't hear happy crying, but sobbing.

"Kat, what's wrong? I thought that this was what you wanted?" I say and she nods at me.

"It's just that, what if you're not home for the birth? What if our child won't ever see you?" she asks very worriedly.

"Believe me, Kat, I will be home for her birth and I'll be in her life. The next mission is three months, but it's coming after a month break now." I say and she looks down at her hands.

"I want to get married next week because I don't have a dress yet," she says and I smile at her again.

"Whatever you want, sweetie. I'll do whatever you want," I say and kiss her.