The Birth

-time flash-

I'm nine months pregnant now, and Peeta and the guys' mission is getting longer, so they are supposed to come home today.  We're going to the airport in Marvel's car, what has eight spots, with Marvel, me, Glim, Clove, Annie, Annie's newborn son Crispin, Jo, and Thresh. When we arrive and get out of the car, I feel a warm liquid pours down my legs and I'm sure my face is full of horror.

"Kat, what's wrong?" Glimmer asks as she notices my stop of movement and my face full of terror first.

"I think my water just broke," I say and feel the first real contraction. I have had false ones and doctor Sullivan has confirmed it, that it's okay in the late pregnancy, but now I'm sure I'm gonna give birth.

"Kat, can you come with us to the nearest airport worker and ask for a wheelchair, or do you want to sit in Marvel's car, I'll stay with you either way, as I've done it now," Annie says and I vote for the first idea.

"Okay, actually, guys, could you go run and ask for it, she's gonna have some trouble walking," Annie says and everyone runs inside. They're back in a minute and I have only managed to get to an entrance.

"Okay, they should be coming right away," Annie says as they roll me in and near the gate where their flight lands.

In a matter of seconds, I stay in behind of others, as they start greeting Finn, Peeta, and Cato and talking about Crispin until I scream out of the pain that the contraction gives me.

Peeta flies past others and looks at me worried. "OMG, I'm so sorry, Kat!" Annie says, and I forgive her.

"Kat, what happened?" Peeta asks. "What does it look like? I'm giving birth to your daughter!" I snap at him and regret it instantly. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry Peeta!" 

"It's okay, Kat. I have heard from my brother, that with giving birth you can get angry easily," he says calmly like nothing happened.

"I, Annie, and Crispin could walk to our home, as it's nearby," Finn says and they leave, as others take Marvels' car and drive me and Peeta to the hospital.

"Okay, you should walk around and do squats to dilate faster, this way is giving birth easier," doctor Sullivan says, as we find him. So we do it until my pain is so unbearable that we decide to invite him over again to check.

"Okay, you've walked around for 1 hour and 15 minutes now, right?" he asks and I nod. "You're dilated to 7 centimeters, you could use some rest," he says," after some time I'll check on you again, and hopefully I'll be able to give you permission to start pushing," he says and leaves the room once more. I lie down on a hospital bed and hold my husbands' hand tightly.

"Peeta," I say after another contraction has passed," I'm scared."

"Kat, I'm a little afraid myself, but you don't have to be worried. You're going to be an amazing mum," he says, making me smile at it.

"And you're going to be the best dad ever," I say and he smiles. Doctor Sullivan comes in about half an hours later and I have given permission to push.

"Okay, Katniss, when you feel the next contraction, you have to push, okay?" the doctor asks and I nod and push at the contraction.

"Good! Deep breaths, deep breaths," the doctor reminds me and I get so angry at him, but I manage to keep my cool.

"Peeta, I can't do this," I say after a few more pushes, getting exhausted with tears in my eyes.

"Yes you can, Kat, you're so strong, you can do this, just a few more pushes, okay?" Peeta says, kissing my forehead and I nod. 

"Okay, Katniss, the head is out now, one more push," the doctor says. I push once more and hear a baby's cries. I fall on the bed, exhausted as hell.

"You did so well," Peeta says happily, yet quietly to me and kisses me full on the mouth. It's not a long kiss, but it's long enough to give over the thankfulness that Peeta has for me.

They take my baby and clean her up. "What should we name her? You could pick the first name, I'll pick the middle name, and well, she's stuck with the last name," Peeta chuckles and puts stray's of my hair behind my ears.

"Willow," I say. "My dad told me, that it means freedom, " I say and hold Peeta's hand still and he kisses my knuckles.

"Belinda," he says, "I have told, that it means very beautiful." I smile at that and kiss him longer now.

"Alright, here she is," a nurse comes in and puts a baby in a pink bundle on my chest. "Your baby is very healthy, she weighs 3.5 kilograms and is 51.5 centimeters tall," she says and I smile gratefully, and the nurse leaves.

"Hello, little Willow," I say to my baby girl with happy tears flowing. "I'm your mommy," I say and hug her tightly. Peeta slides his finger over her hand and she takes his finger in her very small hand and squeezes it. Peeta starts crying happy tears as well. After some time, I give her to Peeta, still smiling.

"Hi, I'm your daddy and I will protect you no matter what, okay?" he asks with tears flowing from the both of our faces. I call Jo and tell her to come over with the others. They promise to come in twenty minutes, whatever is making them come so long, I don't know, but Willow starts crying again. "She's probably hungry," I say and start breastfeeding her.

"I love you so much, Katniss Mellark," he says and I kiss him passionately.

"And I love you so so so much, Peeta Mellark, thank you," I say and he looks at me with so much tenderness. "Thank you for giving me a beautiful daughter like Willow," I say and he looks at me like he's thinking about something.

"Hold on, why should you thank me, when you gave birth to our amazing daughter?" he asks me and I start to think about it myself. "But without you, this wouldn't have happened," I say with a huge smile on my face.

"This baby is going to be so spoiled," he says and I laugh, but agree with him. Now she's full and the group comes in. I hand her over to Peeta, to take the hugs from everyone.

"Can uncle Finnick hold her niece?" Finn looks at me pleading and I let him.

"What's her name?" Clove asks curiously.

"Willow Belinda Mellark, Willow means freedom and Belinda's meaning is very beautiful," Peeta answers and I nod, pulling myself closer to Peeta. He puts an arm around me and kisses the top of my head.

"She's so beautiful," Finnick says with a tear rolling down his cheek. "Oh, big brother, why are you crying?" I ask and he looks at me with a happy smile on his face.

"I have such a gorgeous sister and so beautiful niece and a handsome brother-in-law, who I know, loves the both of you and would do anything for you two," he says and hugs everyone he talked about.

"Peeta?" I ask after everyone has held Willow and they're getting ready to leave.

"Yeah, Kat?" he asks and looks at me.

"I'm hungry," I say and pout like a little child. He just smiles at me and chuckles low.

"I'll get you some hospital food," he says and runs out of the room. Everybody says bye and leave. After two minutes, Peet is back with a delicious soup.

"I love my husband so much!" I say quietly because Willow fell asleep.

"And I love my wife very much," he says, gets in the bed with me and holds me when I fall asleep.