Sorry...

Peeta's POV:

I feel tears trying to flow from my eyes, but I hold them back. I can't believe it. 

"Peeta, I'm so sorry, the doctors said I have a half a year to live tops," she says crying and I pull her into a hug and rock her.

"Hey, shh, it's gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay, I'm gonna find you the best doctor at this thing and you're going to be back on track," I say and let a few tears slip.

"I love you Peeta, remember this," she says after ten minutes.

"I love you so much more, and that's why you're going to live. You won't die, Kat, you won't," I say and she looks me in the eyes.

"Peeta, will you stay with me?" my queen asks and I nod at her.

"Always," I say and she lets out a sob.

"Daddy, what's wrong with mommy?" Rye comes to ask after a minute. I look at my sad unknowing son, who I hope I will not have to explain, why his mother passed away.

"I'm okay," Katniss says and hugs him.

-a week later-

Katniss' POV:

We invited Finnick over to watch over the twins at noon while Peeta and I go to the doctor again to be sure of the results.

"Hello, Uncle Finn is here!" I hear Finn shout and we go to the door. He looks at me with a suspecting face.

"So why are you two going to the doctor anyway? Any new kids on the way?" he asks and I bite my lip to stop myself from crying. The twins are taking a nap in their room right now, thank god for that. I go to hug him and sob on the shoulder of my brother, who knows nothing about my illness.

"No, Finn, we're goin-g b-because I," I get out and take a deep shaky breath. "I have cancer and I have half a year to live at tops," I say at one breath and burst into tears again.

"What? There has to be some kind of mistake!" he says and I hear his voice shaking and I shake my head.

"I'm so sorry Finn," I say as I pull away from the hug and I and Peet leave to the doctor.

-at the doctor-

"Hello, Katniss," doctor Lawrence says and we nod to him.

"Well, we did the test again and you have a slight chance of living to your natural end when you're old if you obey given strict rules, okay?" he asks and I say yes to him. I feel Peeta squeeze my hand in hope and I squeeze it back.

"I'll print the rules out to you and you can go home and rest," he says and after 2 minutes we drive back home.

Finnick's POV:

Elle and Rye are napping in their room and I stay in their room sitting on the floor with my back against the wall. A thousand thoughts are running through my head. This can't be right! My little sister can't have cancer!

I see Rye starting to stir and wait for him to wake up, but it doesn't happen. "Mama! Mama where are you? Mama? MAMA! MAMA WAKE UP! MAMA!" I hear him crying and screaming and I manage to wake him up at the same time I see Katniss running to the room.

"Baby, did you have a nightmare?" she asks and picks him up. The second she picks Rye up Peeta runs in the room.

"Thanks for watching over them," Peeta says and I nod. I'm still shocked by the news I got earlier today. It can't be like that! It just can't!

"What did you hear?" I ask and hear my voice cracking. Kat hands Rye to Peeta and comes and hugs me.

"I have a slim chance of surviving this, but please, don't get your hopes up to the sky, okay?"She whispers and I nod.

"I can tell Annie about it, right?" I ask and Kat agrees. We pull out of the hug and hear Wills coming up from the stairs.

"Hey, mum! Hey, dad! Hey, uncle Finn!" she shouts and hugs us all. Gosh, she's gotten very tall.

"Hey Wills, how was school?" I ask her and she smiles at me.

"It was great! The teacher told me that I have a great voice!" she says and looks at us very happy. I look at her and chuckle. "Well, sing us something then, " I say, knowing that she won't. She can be free while talking to anybody, but she is very shy when it comes to singing.

"Stop teasing her, Finn, " I hear Kat say while smiling and I laugh a little while picking Wills up and hugging her.

"Mum, can I go to the ice cream shop with Sarah and Riley?" Wills turns to Kat while smiling and Kat nods. "Of course, sweetheart, just come back by 7 o clock, please," she says and Willow nods. She hugs my sis tight and skips out of the door.

"I should go home," I say and hug Katniss extremely tightly. "Thank you, love you, big bro," she says and smiles a bit. "I love you more lil sis, take care and don't die on us, okay?" I say and kiss her cheek as she nods. 

"We'll see you tomorrow," Peeta says and smiles at me, I hug him and leave with my head filled with hopes and fears. I hope we don't have to lose her, if we do, this all will fall apart.