chapter 08

Chapter 08

Jungkook woke up a bit, now half-asleep. He didn't know what he was holding, but he knew that it was comfortable. So he cuddled closer into it. He slowly opened his eyes, confused as to why there was soft light brown hair under his cheek, slightly tickling him. 

As realization hit him, his eyes widened and he pushed Taehyung so hard, he fell onto the floor. Taehyung groaned as he slowly opened his eyes. "Jungkookieeee, that's not nice," he whined on the floor. 

"Y-yo-you-" "You're the one who cuddled me," Taehyung pouted. "No." "Pretty sure you were." Jungkook stood up, eye widened like he was freaking out. "Jungkook?" "It's okay, it was nic-" "NO!" Jungkook shouted. 

"Why are you shou-" "Get out Taehyung." "But-" "Taehyung. Get out, before I hurt you." Taehyung was beyond confused and just a bit scared too. He noticed Jungkook's red face and he noticed the way his knuckles had turned white from the tight grip he had on his sheets.

Taehyung slowly crawled to the door. "I'll be at Jimin's for a while," he whispered before going out. Jungkook sighed to himself. You idiot. He hit his head before groaning and throwing himself on the bed. 

"What did you do to Taehyung?" Yoongi asked as he entered the dorm. 

"I fell asleep with him." "So?" "And I cuddled him." Yoongi cracked a smile. "That's great du-" "It's not great, it's awful! What the hell was I thinking?" Yoongi sighed, sitting down on the bed. "I don't get why you can't let yourself have feelings for anyone." Jungkook just shook his head.

Truth was, Jungkook didn't want to drag Taehyung down into his mess of a life. He thought Taehyung deserved better, but if he said that, it would sound like he cared about him. He didn't. He wasn't supposed to care. Yoongi rolled his eyes. "

You think he deserves better, but you don't want to admit that, because then it'll sound like you care about him." Jungkook groaned even more. "Sometimes I hate how well you know me." "It's okay to care Kookie." Jungkook shook his head again. 

"I lose everything I care about. I don't need to get hurt anymore," Jungkook mumbled. "You haven't lost me." "Yet." Yoongi raised an eyebrow. He sighed as he laid down besides his friend. "Well, I'm gonna go back to Busan now," Yoongi said. "Let me take you to the station-" "You have class in an hour. Go." Jungkook nodded. 

"Thank you for coming." "Of course." "Did you finish the essay?" Jungkook nodded. "Good." Yoongi packed his bags, hugging Jungkook after. 

That's when Taehyung came back, but none of them noticed his presence. "Next time I have a vacation, I'll go see you okay?" Yoongi shook his head. 

"Don't come back to Busan. You shouldn't stay with your family if you don't have to. And my family wouldn't exactly be exciting to have you here." Jungkook nodded. "Then let's go to Daegu or something." Yoongi chuckled. 

"Let's." "Okay bye." "Bye. Go to class." "Yes dad." Yoongi waved and turned around, that's when he noticed Taehyung who had just been standing there, wishing he was Yoongi in that moment. Was it weird that Taehyung wanted to hug Jungkook so badly? He thought Jungkook needed it even though he would never admit it. But maybe Taehyung needed it too. 

"Bye Taehyung." "Bye," he waved. As soon as Yoongi left, the air around them became awkward. They locked eyes for just a second before Jungkook cleared his throat and went into the bathroom to take a shower. 

Taehyung went up the small stairs, to change into his uniform, getting ready for class. And of course, when he went down from his loft again, that's when Jungkook went out of the bathroom. With only a towel around him. Taehyung blushed, but quickly went to the kitchen. 

"Kooki- Jungkook have you eaten yet?" "No." "Want something?" Jungkook shook his head. "You know, I've only ever seen you eat dinner." Jungkook nodded. "I don't eat anything else." Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows in worry. "You should eat more than th-" "For fuck sake Taehyung, stop caring about me," he spoke as he put on his uniform as well. 

Taehyung pouted. But he decided to be stern for once. "I'm making ramen and you're gonna eat it." "Taehyung I-" "End of discussion." Jungkook lightly glared at the smaller before packing his bag for his classes. Taehyung put the two bowls of ramen onto the small breakfast table that there was in their kitchen. Jungkook sighed as he sat down and stared at the food for a while. 

"Jungkookie, please eat." And Jungkook did. It was weird. Jungkook would never do what people told him to do. He usually felt like doing something even less, if someone told him to do whatever. "So...what happened to you-" "Don't. Just leave it alone." "Are you ever willing to talk about anything?" 

"How about how much I'll beat up your pretty face if you keep talking." "So you think my face is pretty?" Jungkook quickly finished the food and went out, closing the door harshly. Taehyung rolled. "So dramatic," he mumbled to himself before giggling. 

Taehyung happily went to his classroom with music in his ears. He saw Jungkook sitting at the seat in the corner of the room, near the window. Where he always sat. "Tae!" Taehyung grinned when he saw Jimin in the middle of the classroom waving at him. 

"Chim!" he took a seat beside his best friend. "Can I please have a look of your notes from last class?" Taehyung shook his head. "You could've just been there." "My stomach wasn't feeling well," Jimin pouted. 

"Maybe that was because you decided to spend yesterday's night drinking soju with Hoseok." Jungkook looked at the two boys talking. "Hoseok isn't even here!" "Well you know Hobi hyung, he drank way more than me!" Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Please Taetae! I'll treat you to dinner this evening!" Taehyung raised an eyebrow. 

"What are we getting?" "Sushi?" Jimin questioned. "Okay then." "Yayie!" Jimin wrapped his arms around Taehyung and kissed his cheek multiple times whilst Taehyung shared his document filled with notes, with Jimin's google account. 

"Thank you, I love you." It wasn't until the teacher entered the classroom that Jungkook noticed that had his fist clenched, bruised knuckles turning white. 

His knuckles were always bruised from fighting. He sighed at himself, before opening up his fist. I can't have feelings. No feelings for Taehyung. I need to make them go away. I need a distraction...Hoseok? 

Taehyung felt content with the fact that his classes went flying by. With a small smile, happy about a nice day, he unlocked the door to their dorm. "Ju-Jungkook? Hobi hyung?" Taehyung dropped the book he had pressed against his chest, falling to the floor with a loud sound. 

"Oh, sorry Tae," Hoseok said, turning his body around just slightly to look at him. They were on Jungkook's bed. Kissing. Messy hair. Hoseok took Jungkook's hand in his and stood up. "Come, we'll go to my dorm," he said with a small smile. "Jimin isn't there." 

Then, hand in hand, they passed by Taehyung and went into Hoseok's dorm. "Bu-but...you cuddled me..." he whispered to himself, feeling his chin quiver. "Stupid Taehyung," he hit his head. 

"No one's gonna like you, especially not Jungkook."