Six

The roaring sound of thunder rippled through the suite followed by a flash of lightning lighting up the sky like Fourth of July.

Growing up in Miami, it would seem Camila would be used to storms as they have one nearly every day, but it was the exact opposite. They've scared her ever since a bolt of lightning caught a tree on fire a few months ago, almost burning down her childhood home. Thankfully, the fire company was able to put it out before more damage was done.

"Lauren," Camila whispered, lightly nudging the sleeping girl beside her.

Another crack of thunder filled the air and Camila pulled the blanket over her head while she covered her ears. Trembling, Camila nudged her again.

There were only two things that calmed Camila down during storms. One of them was plugging in her headphones and listening to music, and the other one was Lauren.

She sat up, rummaging through the junk on her night stand looking for her headphone until she remembered she let Alexa and Regina borrow them. The only other option was to wake up Lauren - who probably wanted nothing to do with - or battle through it alone.

She took a deep breath as another wave of thunder boomed. This time she didn't hide under the covers. "This isn't too bad," she thought as she hummed one of the many songs Lauren always sang to her.

Another clap of thunder came, making Camila jump out of her skin.

"Lauren, Lauren, baby, please wake up. I'm sorry for everything yesterday. I'm sorry I got mad at you and wasn't able to meet you for dinner, but I need you. Please wake up," she begged as she shook the green-eyed girl harder. The tears streamed out harder and faster.

"Camila?" Lauren yawned as her eyes fluttered opened.

Camila wrapped her arms securely around Lauren's waist and nuzzled her face into the crook of her neck. She took in the sweet smell of Lauren's fruity shampoo.

"Camz, what's wrong?" Lauren asked anxiously. She couldn't bear to see Camila like this.

Before Camila could answer her question, the thunder answered it for her.

"Baby girl," Lauren soothed, one hand holding the back of her head and the other arm draped around her back. "You're okay. Nothing is going to hurt you."

"I'm sorry," Camila sobbed harder into Lauren. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"I know you are. I am too."

Camila shook harder as the storm continued on. Lauren flipped the two of them over so she was hovering over Camila. Her needs were on either side of her and her hands were holding onto Camila's wrists securely above her head.

"Look at me," Lauren said with a bit of sternness in her voice.

Camila continued to shake as her eyes stared at the covered window. She couldn't stop watching the lightning brighten up the room.

"Camila, I need you to look at me. Look at me."

Camila shifted her eyes over to Lauren. She looked up the smiling girl.

"Hi baby." Camila's shivered underneath her as the storm continue. "Talk to me, Camz."

"H-h-hi."

"You're okay. You're safe," Lauren said softly, her eyes taking in all of Camila's perfections. "Did you know you're beautiful? All of you. Everything from angelic face to all the thoughts that flood your mind."

Lauren leaned down and slowly moved her lips against Camila. Her lips were sweeter than sugar and Lauren was dreading of letting to go. She could never get tired of kissing her girl.