Twelve

The photoshoot went faster than planned. It mainly had to do with Alexa's cooperation that Camila didn't expect would happen. The little girl absolutely hated having her pictures taken.

As promised, Camila treated her to an extra hour of electronics while she finished the few remaining photos and interview. The ice cream portion was being saved for later because the little girl wanted Lauren to be with them.

After the shoot ended and everyone left, the two girls stripped out of their clothes and slipped on their swimsuits. They were going to meet everyone at the pool, but first they were going to grab lunch.

"Thank you for listening this morning," Camila said as she placed the tray of pizza down on one of the tables.

Alexa climbed up onto the chair across from her and sat up on her knees. She grabbed her slice of pizza with wide eye and stuffed the slice into her tiny mouth. Her pizza addiction definitely came from her mother.  With a huge grin, she placed the pizza back down while her body started drifting off into a pizza coma.

"Thumbs up?" Camila laughed as she grabbed a few napkins out of the holder.

"Mhm," Alexa nodded, holding two thumbs up.

It had been awhile since it was just the two of them sharing a meal together. The first time she was ever able to afford taking Alexa out by herself was last year. The two went out to Chili's to celebrate the first shoot Camila had done.

"You're silly," Camila shook her head as she leaned across the table to wipe the sauce dripping from Alexa's mouth.

"It's good."

"I'm glad," Camila laughed as she dropped the napkin down on the table.

The two sat quietly for a few minutes, enjoying the atmosphere around them. It had always been a dream to visit an island in the Pacific. If it weren't for the outrageous traveling cost and the half of day flight, she would've already been there by now. The dream is still on the top of her bucket list with Fiji being the top island on her list. For now, she just imagined what it would feel like being there with Disney's version of it.

"When is Lamp coming back?" Alexa asked after finishing the last piece of her pizza.

"Why do you ask? Do you not like spending time with me?" Camila teased, but the humor went straight over the four-year-old's head.

"No, I do like spending time with you," Alexa replied, afraid that her mother was upset with her. "I just like playing with her."

"I'm only joking Lex," the brown-eyed mother said, wiping the worried look off the young child. "Lamp really is fun, huh?"

"Really fun," Alexa gleamed as she grabbed the packet of apples of her tray. "I love when she is around because she makes me really happy and makes you really happy too. She is our real life fairy.

After a bit of struggling, she was able to rip the plastic bag apart, however, she used too much strength and the apple slices went flying everywhere.

"Sorry mommy," she quickly apologized as she climbed off the chair and picked up the two slices that fell on the floor.

There was a lot of thing that parenthood taught Camila. Two of the most important things she has learned is patience and not sweating the small stuff.

"You're alright baby. Do you want me to get you another pack?" Camila asked as Alexa dropped the dirty apples onto her mother's tray.

"No, I want to go swimming now," she replied, bouncing up and down on her tip toes. "Can we go now?"

"In a second," Camila said, trying to calm the little girl down. However, nothing could calm the little girl down when her eyes have been locked on the pool jungle gym since the moment they stepped inside the resort.

On the way out, Camila's eyes spotted a lesbian couple struggling to get sunscreen on their child because he wanted to go straight for the water. Her eyes over welcomed their stay and if the couple were to see her they probably would've thought she was homophobic, but in reality she was picturing that as Lauren and her.

Eventually, the couple got as much as they could on before the boy - probably no older than seven - ran off into the couple. She could tell the one felt defeated as she stuffed their bottle back into their pool bag, but the other one swooped in with a kiss to pick her wife's spirits up. That's exactly what Camila wanted.

"Mommy, will you open the gate?" Alexa asked as she stared up at her mom, shaking the black fence.

"Uh, yeah," Camila stumbled as she brought her band up to the lock and let the two of them into the pool.

But that day seemed far off.

--

I'm back! Sorry it's been a bit, but I realized uploading multiple smaller chapters works easier for me, so expect a bunch of smaller chapters with more frequent updates.

If you haven't seen already, I've uploaded a preview to the published version of "Wishes" so go check it out! Also, If I receive interest then I'll do a contest for a free signed copy.

Comment here if you're interested so I can get a feel for who would enter.

Have an amazing, magical day!

- Ashley

twitter - dinahaddict