Sixteen

A/N: It's been awhile but I am back! If you want more than go follow my Twitch where I stream several different games (Sims, Stardew Valley, etc) If I reach 15 followers then I'll update again this week and release my new Camren story!

Twitch: AshnSuz

Thank you! 

---

Camila walked back to her room, replaying the interaction she had with Ally over and over again in her head. Something didn't seem quite right. Usually she's bubbly and happy, especially when she gets a night to herself. Tonight she just seemed...off.

She gently shut the bedroom door behind her. She peered over at her bed which in fact was over taken by her daughter.

"Lex," Camila whispered, nudging the little girl who was sprawled out on the bed.

She tried again, this time nudging a bit harder. The little girl stayed sleeping. Sighing in defeat, Camila pushed one of Alexa's legs over to give her a fifth of the bed. Once Alexa is asleep, there is no waking the four-year-old, and lifting her is out of the question. She is pure rock.

To pass the time, Camila found herself scrolling through the app that started it all; Instagram. She replied to a few comments with kissing emojis and hearts. It's weird to think that random people like to look at pictures from her boring life. Everyone else is traveling the world and trying the most delicious food, but here she is, fighting over her king size bed with her four-year-old.

The door slowly squeaks open, revealing her green-eyed love. Without a thought, her face instantly turns into an uncontrollable smile.

"What?" Lauren laughed as she got closer to the bed.

Camila pulled her lips in and shook her head. It only lasted a second before her lips were turned up into a smile again.

"Camz, I thought we agreed you'd keep her from hogging the whole bed?" Lauren asked as she pulled the sleeping child off the bed.

She placed Alexa on the small cot next to their bed. At some point Alexa would be back in their bed, squeezing between the two of them. For now, Lauren wanted some bonding time with her girl.

"I was talking to Ally for a few minutes and when I came back it was already late," Camila said as Lauren snuggled up next to her.

She wrapped her arms and leg around the petite girl like a koala and nuzzled her face into the crook of Camila's next. Her eyes shut closed as she took in the moment. It all seemed so surreal. Her. Why her?

Out of all the pain and misery she put both Lucy and Camila through, she still came out with the girl she wanted. She didn't deserve Camila. No one deserved Camila. She is a goddess, yet she always seems to want the ones who treat her dirty.

"Camz," Lauren said above a whisper, opening up one her eyes.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry."

Camila's eyebrows furrowed at Lauren's sudden statement. "For what?"

"For everything," she sighed, hugging Camila a little tighter.

"Lauren," Camila said softly while running her fingers through Lauren's tangled hair. "Not tonight. Okay?"

"Mila," Lauren frowned.

"Let's just enjoy tonight. I don't want any negative thoughts or certain people in my mind right now. I just want you and Alexa and Christmas. You're the three things I enjoy."

"Don't forget about Disney."

"That too," Camila laughed.

Lauren stayed quiet. Her eyes studied Camila's face as she tried to translate why her girl was distant. Usually she was fairly good at coming to a quick conclusion without Camila saying anything, but tonight was different. She was completely lost. They had such a great night. What happened?

"I don't like when you're quiet," Camila said. "Or when people stare at me."

"Then talk to me," Lauren replied, letting go of the smaller girls and propping herself up against the pillows so they could have a conversation. 

"I have nothing to say."

Lauren didn't believe her. Camila comes across as the quiet, reserved type, which she is when you first meet her. However, after a few weeks of knowing her, you'll never get her to stop talking. 

"Did I say something wrong?" Lauren asked hesitantly. She was the queen of doing that. 

"I promise it has nothing to do with you," Camila answered, gliding her fingers across Lauren's jawline. "Can we just sleep?"

"Yeah."

Lauren rolled over and flicked the switch on the lamp. She returned back to nuzzling into Camila. The two laid quietly. Both feeling uneasy. Wondering about different answers they weren't going to receive tonight.

---

Hello! I am back. I know it's been awhile. Thanks to all of you who have returned. 

If you're into video games, then go follow my Twitch! If I reach 15 followers I'll post another chapter of this story this week and release my new Camren story (; 

Twitch: AshnSuz

I hope you have a super, magical, wonderful day!

- Ashley