Nine

Today was the day.

The day Alexa and Regina were being transformed into princesses.

Lauren didn't know how she got sucked into the event. Don't get her wrong, she loved spending time with the little girl. It was always a fun experience because there was no guessing what would come out of Alexa's mouth. What Lauren didn't like is all the little girls getting dressed up while their parents and other relatives watched by taking pictures or taking side comments to the hair dresser. It was like a bunch of five-year-olds getting ready for prom.

According to Camila, Alexa wanted this afternoon solely with Lauren. The two had plans of a little shopping spree around Disney Springs, an afternoon lunch with the other princesses, and then ending the night with the Christmas party (or ball as Alexa called it.)

The only thing getting Lauren through the first half of the day was knowing Normani was joining them too with Regina.

Alexa's princess of choice this trip was Rapunzel. Her reasoning? They are both blonde, love to be bare foot, and unintentionally funny. Regina on the other hand choose Tiana because the princess reminded her of Normani.

"Princess Alexa," the fairy godmother called out as she looked up from the clipboard in her hand.

"Go ahead," Lauren said, giving her a light nudge on her back.

"Are you coming?" Alexa asked after not seeing Lauren get up with her.

"I'll wait for you out here," Lauren answered. She wanted away from all the glitz and glamour.

"I can't do it alone. I'm only four."

"Right," Lauren nodded, getting up from her seat and walking into the dressing room.

The experience was exactly how Lauren remembered. The girls got dressed in their gowns before going into the next room to get their hair, nails, and makeup. The walls were still decorated to look like the inside of a castle with blue and gold drapes hanging from the archways and chandeliers dispersed throughout the entire room. Against Alexa's wishes, Lauren snapped a few shots of the girl transforming. She knew Camila would be asking for the pictures later.

To end the experience, Alexa had professional pictures down in front of the magical backdrop. They made it look like she was heading off to the ball in her silver carriage.

"Did you have fun?" Lauren asked as Alexa skipped out of the boutique. She was happy to finally be out of there. She was on the verge of snapping on one of the mothers who took the experience a bit too seriously instead of making it a fun memory for her child.

"Yes," Alexa nodded. "Next time we have to bring Aidan. He can be my knight."

"We'll have to see about that," Lauren replied with a chuckle.

Knowing Ally, she would take full advantage of the opportunity, especially if she doesn't have a little girl soon. Luckily, Aidan was knew how to hold his own. Even at a year old, Aidan knew not to let the ladies force him into makeovers and spa days. He had to if he wanted to survive in a household full of women.

"Mani, can we go now?" Regina begged, tugging on the hem of Normani's shirt.

"In one second baby." Normani turned towards Lauren. "Is it alright if we split up for a bit before lunch?"

"Yeah, let's meet near the buses in let's say...an hour?" She asked, noting the time on the phone.

"Sound's good," Normani replied as Regina started pulling her towards one of the stores.