Fourteen

Memories flashed over Camila as her foot stepped into Fantasia Gardens. While many don't think of doing mini golf at Disney, it is one of the many features Disney offers with a less irritable crowd.

The last time she stepped foot on a golf course was when Alexa threw a tantrum back in May. The little girl has always been competitive and when it took her more than three tries on hole eight, she completely lost it. That day was one of the first times she encountered the green-eyed girl with Alexa in tow.

It seemed like all her first impressions went horrible, yet no matter how awful or bitchy she came out to be, Lauren continued coming back because she wanted to get know the girl deeper.

"Let's make a bet," Alexa stated as the approached the first hole. There was a family in front of them so they still had a bit of a wait.

"Okay, What are we betting?" Lauren asked, wanting to see what the little girl could come up with.

"If I win then you have to let me play three games on the boardwalk," Alexa answered.

The two girls had to drag her away when her eyes landed on the game where you squirt water into a clown's mouth to fill up a balloon. It wasn't even the game she was excited about. It was the giant plush BB8 they had as a prize.

"And what do I get if I win?"

Alexa thought about it for a second before answering. "You get to pick all the rides tomorrow and mommy will buy you a churro and I'll make sure Santa doesn't give you coal."

"Don't bring me into this," Camila laughed after hearing her name. She always stayed out of any bets Lauren and Alexa made.

"You're on kid," Lauren challenged as she shook the smaller girl's hand.

"I don't know why you get yourself into these things," Camila said as Alexa placed her light blue ball down on the mat. "You know it never ends well."

"She's four. I think I could beat a four-year-old at a game of mini golf."

"Mommy, I got a hole in one!" Alexa shouted, jumping up and down.

"You were saying?" Camila asked, raising her eyebrow.

"How the?" Lauren questioned, staring at Alexa as she retrieved her ball.

"Maybe I should've mentioned she has natural talent," Camila shrugged before placing her ball down on the mat.

Lauren got a three on that hole.

As the game progressed, Lauren became more and more frustrated, but she masked it well enough so Alexa couldn't tell. By the twelfth hole they had a fifteen point margin between them and Alexa used it to show off. Camila quit by the ninth hole and instead used it as time to great some of her followers who were waiting outside the course.

To no surprise, Alexa walked out with a victory. The final score was 27-52 because Lauren ended up scoring at least a six or higher on the last three goals.

As promised, Lauren paid for the original three games and even paid for a fourth one because the little girl's heart was set on winning the BB8. The child was adamant about winning. Lauren told her that if she didn't win after the fourth try then she would buy her one from the gift shop right next door.

The crowd around them begin to grow as they watched the four-year-old take on eleven other adults. In the final seconds, Alexa pulled through, barely winning against the man sitting next to her.

The buzzer flash and rang but you could barely hear it over the screams from the crowd. Alexa didn't even care about the instant attention she was receiving from everyone. She was just happy to have her BB8.

"Camz, I'm taking your child to Vegas in seventeen years," Lauren stated as they slid into a booth to eat their deserved ice cream sundae. "She's going to make me rich."

"You're not going to use my child, Jauregui," Camila replied as Alexa took a seat next to Lauren and placed her newly won BB8 in between them.

The waitress approached them and they ordered a few glasses of water and the famous sundae the restaurant offered, "Everything but the Kitchen Sink."

The sundae was a mountain of different ice cream flavors and topped with chocolate sauce, marshmallows, rainbow sprinkles,  juicy cherries, and much, much more. It was a child's dream and a dentist nightmare.

"Lamp, you can share my BB8 with me," Alexa spoke up as she kicked her dangling feet. "You can take him to college so you're not sad and lonely."

As much as it melted Lauren's heart, she couldn't imagine taking the girl's new favorite plush away.

"You won him, kid. He's yours to keep."

"We're sharing him because you like Star Wars too. We can start a secret Star Wars club for all the real fans who like the older movies."

"She's seen the older movies?" Lauren asked as she looked over at Camila. She knew Camila wasn't the one who would've shown her. She couldn't even tell the difference between Darth Vader and Kylo Ren.

"With my dad, yeah," Camila explained. "My mom got him the entire series for his birthday and they've been watching them nonstop."

Lauren nodded. "Glad to know she's being raised right."

The waitress returned shortly with their water and giant sundae. Alexa wasted no time. The waitress didn't even fully set it down before Alexa started digging in.

The little girl shoveled spoonfuls into her mouth, flinging toppings all over herself and the table. The other two girls were only able to eat a few spoonfuls before they were over all the sugar. That's how they knew they were getting old.

They made it halfway through before they were too full to continue. Camila grabbed the check and finished paying while Lauren tried to get the sleeping Alexa out of the booth. It took a few slow attempts, but Lauren managed to get her and BB8 our without waking her up.

The three of them walked out into the breezy Florida air. They stood behind the metal fence and starred down at the dark water. The glowing lights from the shops reflected off the water to leave an array of bright colors. The boards underneath their feet began to creek from the families walking behind them and laughter filled the air from young children watching the juggler near by. The sweet aroma of candy and caramel slithered their way out of the store and into their noses. Laughter was replaced with alarms from carnival games and soon that was drowned out by fireworks.

Lauren and Camila shared a few kisses before staring up at the sky where the fireworks danced. Camila's chocolate eyes drifted over to Lauren and she couldn't help but watched Lauren lightly rock the child in her arms while her eyes stared up at the sky. She pulled her bottom lip in between her teeth, trying to hide her smile, but even that couldn't mask it. Everything was perfect.

--

Hi!

I'm going to see Love Simon tomorrow and I'm so excited. Is anyone else going to see it?

I hope you all have a lovely day/night!

- Ashley

twitter - dinahaddict