Thirteen

Lauren made Camila feel like a kid again. The way she made her laugh and smile helped remind her how dull her last few years have been. Alexa made her grow up, and while that wasn't a bad thing, Camila made it like there was no time for chucks and giggles.

Lauren changed her in many different ways. It was like she had been standing on the edge of a cliff, peering out into the foggy abyss. Then along came Lauren with her flashing green eyes and charming, sparkling smile and it seemed that the fog began to fizzle out. Camila could finally see the world and all it's beautiful colors and imperfections again.

All it took was one person to help her see again.

Camila's eyes drifted down to the blonde-haired girl sleeping peacefully on her chest. As each day passed, Alexa became more and more independent and Camila could tell the baby cuddling days were over. So when Alexa came out of the pool, drenched in pool water and requested to be held, Camila couldn't turn her away no matter how freezing or nauseating the water smell made her feel.

"Is she asleep?" Lauren asked as she approached the two girls laying on the white layout chair.

"She has been for at least an hour now," Camila replied as Lauren dropped her towel on the chair next to them.

Lauren pulled off her black muscle tank and tossed it onto top of the towel. She then reached over and pulled the towel gently away from Alexa's face. The girl was in a deep slumber with her mouth hanging open and drool running out of her mouth and onto Camila's breast.

"Damn, I wish that was me right now," Lauren chuckled as she took the tip of the towel and wiped the drool off. Camila rolled her eyes as Lauren peeled the rest of her clothing off, leaving her in a red two-piece that seemed to shrank a little bit since the last time she wore it. Or her butt and breasts had grown, but it was highly unlikely that happened. 

"How was shopping with Lucy?" Camila asked, interested to hear if the two had mend whatever they had going so that they could remain friends. 

"It well really well. I finally got your Christmas present," she answered as she pulled a bottle of sunscreen out of the pool bag. 

"What is it?" Camila perked up. She absolutely hated surprises. 

"You'll just have to wait and see," Lauren answered with a smirked. 

"Please LoLo," Camila begged, dragging out Lauren's nickname. 

"It's a good thing Christmas is only two days away." 

"Two days too long," Camila mumbled as she turned her head the other way. 

"You'll be just fine," Lauren said as she leaned over and snuck in a kiss. 

"What if I die sometime between now and then? I think it's best if you just give me it now."

"You're not going to die, Camz."

"You don't know that, Lauren. A bunch of wild birds could come swarm me right now and peck me to death."

"Where do you come up with these things?" Lauren laughed as she smothered her body with the white lotion. With her luck, she'd still end up burnt even if it was December. 

"I'm being serious."

"Hey guys, the three of us are going to head up because someone over there is slowly melting down," Normani said after approaching them. 

Lauren and Camila turned their heads to look at Dinah and Regina, and to their surprise, Regina wasn't the one Normani was talking about. 

"Do you guys want me to take her up?" She asked, nodding towards Alexa who was still sound asleep and drooling on Camila's chest.