Day One

(New outfit ⬆️)

The last car finally broke down. The group stands on the side of the road looking around at the deserted land.

"I think it's dead," 10k says as he checks the engine

"Well, we couldn't drive through that crap anyway," Doc says as he points the to mound of metal that piles in the middle of the road.
"Adios, El Camino." Doc slams the hood of the car shut.

"You know I love that you're a glass-half-full kinda guy." Addy compliments.

"Especially when there's no goddamn glass," Murphy says as he leans on some metal in the giant scrap pile

"All right. Looks like we're on foot. Grab what you can. Let's hit it." Warren says

Ace looks over to see Murphy still sitting there.

"Come on, princess. Let's go." She says to him as she claps her hands.

The group drags their way through the dry grassy lands of who knows where. Everyone is tired and thirsty as they walk down a sandy road.

"How much further to this supposed rendezvous?" Murphy complains as he mopes on the back of the group

"A days walk. Maybe two." Addy says as she drags her feet behind her

"Everything looks the same," Murphy observes

"Yeah. Well, four years of the zombie apocalypse and a nuke will do that." Doc says as he looks down at the dusty road.

"Nothing but rubble and dust. Must have been a hell of a fight." Vasquez says

"Makes you wonder what's left that's worth saving," Murphy says

"How did it come to this?" Warren asks herself as she stops to look around

Ace fixes her warm leather jacket and shoulder jewelry and tries to cool herself down the least bit. She stops and looks around.

Pre-Z Ace

Ace stands by her military bunk next to her friend. They talk about how annoying it is to get up so early. She is a recruit amongst others. She is the newest and the sharpest shooter.

Ace pulls her uniform tank top overhead and pulls on her combat boots. She tightens the belt to her baggy camouflage pants and pulls her hair back.

She pulls her cap on and grabs her keys. She attaches them to her belt and puts on her utility belt over everything.

She makes sure she has everything and walks out of the bunk doors.

The blistering heat burns her eyes as she walks out into the abandoned lands. She walks over to the armory and takes out her favorite guns, the golden pistols.

This was a high-class academy and everyone was to design their own guns.

Ace strolls over to the shooting range. Her friend, Jared, catches up to her on her way over.

"Hey, Sharpshooter, did you hear what happened?" Jared asks using her nickname

"Obviously not." Ace says pointing out the obvious

"This kid went around trying to bite everyone yesterday," Jared says with amusement in his voice

"Why the hell would he do that?" Ace asks not finding anything amusing about this topic

"Who knows, but the general shot him three times in the chest but he wouldn't die until he shot him in the head."

"Aren't we always taught to aim for the head? What the hell is wrong with that guy?" Ace mumbles