Limbo

Weeks had gone by, Ace was still stuck with Rick. Each day, his mood swings get worse and worse. She was begging herself to just leave him already but part of her didn't want to.

She sits in the passengers seat of his car, feeling very much vulnerable. Her weapons were now kept on Rick, insisting that it was to keep her safe. She was still covered in blood from a few months ago. Rick would never let her out of his sight.

A large bruise is on her right cheek. Ace sighs as she watches out the window and rubs her cheek. Everything speeds past her in a blur of light. She wants so badly to jump out of the car and run away from him.

The window was open. She could leap right out.

-flashback-

Ace pulls out her gun, listening to a car speeding around a corner in the road. She lifts her gun right as the car turns the corner.

It grows closer

And closer

and closer...

Rick slams his foot down on the breaks and it screeches to a jerking stop, halting to a complete stop only an inch away from her. 

Rick kicks the door open and marches out of the car.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Rick shouts, pushing the gun away from himself

Ace tries to punch him across the face but he leans back, grabbing her arm and shoving her back. He punches her back, knocking her off balance.

Ace feels the side of her head ring, silencing the world around her right ear. She stumbles around, trying to keep herself from falling over.

He grabs her around the neck, shoving her into the hood of the car. She is snapped back into reality as soon as her back touched the cold metal. His eyes glare down into her's without a sign of regret.

"You know better than that." He chuckles,

He reaches down and grabs her weapons, making sure to take everyone of them.

"It's to keep you safe." He says, kissing her forcefully on the cheek.

He picks her weak body up and puts her in the car. He tosses her stuff in the trunk and climbs in, leaving the motorbike behind.

-end of flashback-

Rick looks over to see Ace angrily looking out the window.

He sighs, "You can't still be mad about me taking your weapons. Baby, you know it's only to keep you safe."

"Is it?" Ace barks. "Or is it to keep you safe from me?"

"Oh come on, are you really mad? Are you still mad about that boy?" Rick asks

"YEAH OBVIOUSLY! YOU KILL HIM AND PROCEED TO HOLD ME HOSTAGE IN A TOMB AND THEN A HOUSE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!"

Rick slams his hand on the middle compartment in the car, scaring Ace.

"I AM YOUR BOYFRIEND! YOU DO NOT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! YOU LOVE ME AND ONLY ME! NO MORE OF THIS OTHER GUY BULLSHIT!"

Rick takes a deep breath to calm himself down.

"You're mine. That's it."

"what if I don't want to be anymore?" Ace mumbles softly.

Rick slams his foot on the break, jerking the car to a stop.

"What?" He growls, no even daring to look at her

His knuckles turn white as they grip the steering wheel.