Chapter 24

Dara

Weeks have passed. MDC were very busy. Choreography here choreography there. We even have Saturday trainings. We only have 2 weeks left until the contest. We're halfway there. I just hope we finished our dance on time. I know they want to go to Jeju Island. I will give my best to be a great leader. It's now Saturday and we're here at the school. I'm teaching some dance step when I heard someone screamed.

"Leader nim! It's Namjoon!"

I quickly run to Namjoon's position and I saw him lying on the ground. I held his hand.

"Namjoon? Namjoon!" I shouted. He's breathing heavily.

"Oh no" Hoseok said. I looked at him confused.

"Hoseok, what's happening?" I asked. He just looked at me worried. I started to get nervous.

"Call an ambulance! Now!" Yoongi shouted and all of them quickly grabbed their phones. I looked at Namjoon. He can't open his eyes.

"D-dara" he whispered.

"Love? I'm here. I'm here. Hold on okay?" I asked. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me.

"I'm sorry"

What? Why is he saying sorry? He didn't do something wrong. I started to cry.

"The ambulance is here!" Jangjun shouted.

The nurses quickly transferred Namjoon into a stretcher and get him in the ambulance. The ambulance quickly drive away.

"Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook. Try to call his family. Me, Hobi and Yoongi will take Dara to the hospital" Jin said. We quickly drive a taxi.

I don't know what's happening.

"What's wrong with Namjoon?" I asked crying. Jin wiped away my tears. They didn't said anything. Yoongi hold my hand and rub my palm.

After a few minutes, we arrived at the hospital. We run to the emergency room. Nurses and Doctors are quickly entering the E.R.

I saw my Namjoon lying on a bed with Doctors surrounding him.

"Namjoon!" I said then tried to enter but the boys stopped me.

"Let me go!" I shouted.

I tried my best to get away from them but they are too strong.

"Just tell me what the fuck is going on!?" I shouted. They all looked at me with a guilt on their eyes.

"Say something!" I shouted.

"He's heart is weak and it's getting weaker everyday" Yoongi said.

I fell on the floor.

"Sometimes you can see him breathing heavily. That's because of his heart" Hoseok said.

"When did Namjoon told you about that?" I asked.

"He only told us last month" Yoongi said.

"Why?!" I cried.

"Why did you hide it from me!? Why!? I'm his girlfriend that's why I have the right to know!" I cried.

Jin hugged me tightly. I cried and cried in his shoulder. After a few minutes I stopped crying. Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung arrived with someone with them.

"How's my son?"

I looked at the lady. She must be Namjoon's mother. She's pretty. She looked at me. She kneel down in front of me.

"You must be Dara" she said and I nodded.

I don't know why but I started to cry again.

"Look at me Dara. Look at me" I looked at her.

"Be strong okay? Be strong. My son needs you" she said.

"I will. I will"

...

Few hours passed and his Father and Sister came. All of them are trying to cheer me up but it's no use. The Doctor finally came out. All of us stand up.

"He's dying. The machines are keeping him alive"

I lose hope. My knees started to shake.

"We need to find a heart donor as soon as possible"

"Take mine" I said.

"NO!" Ji hee shouted with anger in her eyes.

"Do you think Oppa will be happy if you do that!? He will not be happy instead he will suffer for the rest of his life because you gave up your life for him"  she said.

She has a point.

"We only have 1 week to find a donor" The doctor said.

1 week.

1 fucking week.

Namjoon, my love, be strong.

...

The boys went home now. I'm still here. Beside him.

"Darling, go home" Mr. Kim said.

"I'm fine here Mr. Kim" I said.

"Just call me Appa and call my wife Eomma" he said. I smiled then nodded.

"Appa, Eomma. Why don't you go home? Me and Noona will stay here" Ji hee said.

"Arasseo. Tomorrow, you two will go home okay? It's our turn to take care of Namjoon" Eomma said and we nodded. They left the room.

I fixed Namjoon's blanket.

"Oppa's lucky to have you" she said. I just smiled. I stared at Namjoon.

Please wake up.

"How about Jinwoo? Who will take care of him?" She asked. "Will" I answered.

"Oh. Okay"

"Wait. You know him?" I asked.

"Ne. Oppa once told me about him. He told me he was jealous of him because he's more close to Jinwoo" she said.

"What a jealous man" I said then chuckled.

"He's talking about you like every time. He said very good things about you. Like being a leader of an amazing club. Being strong for raising Jinwoo alone" she said.

I never knew he will do that. "You must be hungry. I will buy food" I said. I was about to stand up but she didn't let me.

"I'll buy us food. Stay here with Oppa" she said then left the room. I stared at him.

He is so handsome.

He is so perfect.

I rub his hand.

"Please wake up. You're not going to leave me right? You said you would do anything to make me happy. Wake up and be strong. I will be very happy if you get better. I just wish you told me sooner. So I can take care of you but you didn't. You're so stubborn. Why didn't you told me sooner? I hate you. That's a joke. I love you" I said.

I stared at him until my eyes started to fall down. I tried to stay awake for him but I couldn't

"Namjoon.."