Four: Secret Service

*Alternate Reality from our real world.*

...

Seto Hiroko POV:

After Superintendent Akita Ichiru left, Kousei sat on his bed that afternoon. He asked me, "Will I ever be okay? I can't go out yet. I don't want to be outside. I fear the outside world."

He's not crying but I know that he is still suffering inside. I touched his right shoulder. "You will recover. You'd soon be able to go back to the outside world, soon."

I made him eat and drink his medicines. He went to sleep after I cleaned him.

Before I leave him, I covered him with his white blanket and closed the lights of his room.

Whenever he sleeps, I always see how much his body had succumbed to the pain and agony that had enveloped him. His eyes were still blank and have no life in them. The next time he woke up that night, he's screaming and holding his chest in pain. His tears won't stop. It had been a long time that I haven't heard him scream. It could have been because of what Ichiru have told him. He made him remember it.

He always screams in pain when he remembers the brutal crime scene he witnessed when he was fifteen years old. He had already stopped screaming when I arrived in his room. He's just hugging himself now, like how I found him in his old home when he found his father dead.

I touched his shoulders and forehead after I approached him. He's having a fever again. He's cold and shivering. I let him out of his crouching position carefully to lay him down his bed. I covered him with his blanket and slowly, his blank eyes closed down. It's obvious that he's afraid at that time.

His soul isn't in his current room. He's far from this room. He's stuck at the bloody room where he found his father dying. Kousei, when will you wake up from your severe trauma?

...

(Five years ago)

"Seto-san, It's been a long time that I haven't seen my father. Do you think he'll be happy for me and will he let me know what his job is? He told me that he is a businessman," Kousei asked me as we walk on the streets.

I looked at him. "I am sure he's happy for you, Kousei."

Why does Takahiko hide the truth that he is actually a Japanese Secret Service Agent to his son? Shouldn't he tell his son that he is working for the government of Japan and his job is a dangerous one?

Kousei was five years old when Takahiko admitted that he is a member of the Japanese Secret Service. Being a businessman is a fake identity. Even though, He has a believable background as a businessman since they were supported by the government.

He's using it to infiltrate huge business groups, businessmen, terrorists, and other syndicates. He gathers information from all of them and sends the information he gets to the king of Japan. There were also times that he is a double agent.

They can also be assigned as bodyguards to gather information inside the Royal Family to guard them. I remember that he told us that he was ordered to protect a princess who had a secret, obsessed lover who meets with her and of course, the king is privy to whom she is meeting with.