Eighteen: Help Us Carry Your Cross!

A/n: Thank you for all the support! This book is near to the end! Please don't stop supporting me, okay? Your votes and comments mean a lot to me, so if you want me to know you more, comment down below! I want to know your thoughts! :)

...

Arima Kousei POV:

After I have informed everyone who's involved with me at the hospital about the memories that I recovered, I was also informed that I was really correct about what I have told them about the princess. The secret service agents: Agent Mika, Jiyuu, Toyama, and Masami looked sad at me.

They have informed me that the emperor passed away at the same time I was attacked at my grandpa's mansion. The emperor was poisoned by Princess Ayami. When his corpse was found by Prince Ikiru at the Throne Room, he knew who could have done it. He called for the police to get inside the Imperial House to help him arrest his sister. He tried to subdue Princess Ayami but he was also soon killed by Princess Ayami's loyal servants. The police came late but when they came, she and her servants were forced to keep fighting inside the Imperial House. They are still fighting inside.

Since I have informed the Secret Service about her long before, they have already rescued the third in the line of the throne of the Chrysanthemum Throne before she tries to kill him so she could be the only royal blood left in Japan. All of the youngest members of the Royal Family are now protected by the Japanese Secret Service. They also do not have a choice but to reveal the truth to the police and inform the public that there is a rebellion going lead by a Japanese Royal Princess who sided with Japan's Organized Crime Masters: The Yakuza.

"We're at war. The throne is empty. The people are afraid. Prime Minister Nakamichi is doing his best to win the war against Princess Ayami's forces. Her force is strong, too," Agent Jiyuu told me. "They're still fighting inside the Imperial House and its grounds."

"Since you are here, the government had chosen to protect and guard this hospital while you recuperate after that attack. We underestimated Princess Ayami," Agent Mika added. "If she learns that you are still alive, she might send people here to assassinate you."

"Then, what should I do now? Okata Jun is in danger. He's in danger," I told them. "I just can't stay here. I have to take part in the current status of our country!"

Everyone inside stared at me especially my grandfather.

"Are you sure you can already carry yourself out?" he asked me.

My friends and Kaori worriedly looked at me.

"Why do you care if Princess Ayami would kill him if he won't be able to kill you for the second time? Isn't it better for him to die since he killed your father?" Grandpa asked me.

"Grandpa, I have to do this. I know he killed my father. I still can't accept what he did to him but I want to save him," I answered him. "I don't want to make himself accept his own fate. To me, he actually woke me up from my depression when he struck me with a sword."

Kaori doesn't seem happy by what I said. Her head is down. When I looked at her more closely, I have observed that she's actually crying. "Kaori..."

I also felt so emotional and bad when I saw her crying because of me. She faced me after I held her arms softly."You're still weak, idiot! You can't save someone in your condition! Let me and your friends do it."

I was shocked by what she said. I looked at my friends who were all smiling happily at me. "It's dangerous. They want me as I am involved. My family is involved in this war that is going on right now. I can't let you go on and be in the middle of a huge battle. I want to hold my cross."

Tsubaki held my hand tightly. "You have been holding it for far too long already. Isn't it better if you let us help you carry it?"

Watari Ryota nodded. "If you're involved, that means we are also involved. We will do our best to find the man you want us to rescue."

Tears went out incredibly. I don't want my friends to be in any perilous situation but I have no choice. I am still recovering from a bullet wound and depression. I know that I might just be heavy luggage if I do come with them. Grandpa spoke to me, "I hope that settles it, Kousei. Allow them to fight for you. Your battle was different and you won on that battle as you were able to wake up."

"Okata Jun helped me wake up. The Seto Family, you, my friends and my doctors woke me and helped me win in my internal battle. I am very much thankful for what you did for me!" I spoke up. "Arrest Okata Jun and Princess Ayami. Japan's future is now on your hands. Rescue him. I cannot kill him. I cannot bring myself to do the exact same thing he did to my father."

My friends and the secret service agents accepted what I have told them. "We will arrest them. Don't worry about that," Agent Mika told me.

"As long as that sick princess is still alive, my grandson's life is in danger. He has done much for the sake of our country. He had helped you despite having an illness," he told them.

...

After all of that, they let me rest on my hospital bed. I laid on it uncomfortably while thinking about Kaori. Kaori joined them so they could begin planning for the big rescue mission. She took my mission. I should have been the one who should have been there out of the field and fighting. Shouldn't I be her shield?

She has done so much for me. She made me go back to the stage and play the piano again. Now, she's the one to rescue and arrest Okata Jun with the Secret Service Agents who will help them complete the mission. My grandpa could have noticed that I couldn't sleep. "They will be fine. Trust them. They will all come back here, especially Kaori."

I sat up and my hands went into a fist. "Grandpa... Thank you. I really hope they will all come back safely."

...

That night, a female nurse has already taken off the needle of the IV in my hand.

She also told me that I can already go back home. Grandpa helped me stand up. He paid for my hospital bills before we leave the hospital. An hour later after I have left the hospital, we already reached the mansion.

I took a deep breath and looked at the starry sky after I got out of the car.

I hope I will be able to play the piano with Kaori soon. I miss the old days.

I hope I will be able to see it soon with them in a peaceful world again. I am sure that my friends will be able to accomplish it. I have faith in them.

They didn't give up on me.

I can't give up.

I will keep fighting for them, too.

...

A/n: How's this chapter? Did you like it? Tell me in the comments! :)

This story is soon to end! Thank you for everyone who has supported me!