Free From Shadows

I wish you like this last chapter! This is the ending of Change of Heart.

A/n: Expect *mature themes*. A lemon is inserted here.

Thank you for staying with me till the end!

...

Arima Kousei POV:

I took a deep breath inside my room that night. It had already been a month after I discovered who my real biological mother is. I haven't decided anything yet, regarding my inheritance. I met the third in line to the throne, a few days after Princess Ayami's rebellion. I learned that he's actually a very young teenager. He's only seventeen years old. We talked together and told me that he doesn't know if he could carry the pain of becoming an emperor but I know that he's a better fit than me. I have assured him that if I choose not to become the emperor, I will support him.

Most of the other Japanese Royals were killed by the Mafia and other terrorists due to Princess Ayami's rebellion. The young royal and I were the only ones left in that bloodline. It will be better for the young seventeen-year-old to be the one to stand side by side with Prime Minister Nakamichi. He was trained to be king unlike me who lived as a commoner all my life.

...

Kaori entered my room at that time while I'm standing in front of my huge window, thinking about so many things. It's raining heavily that night.

She touched my back gently and held me close to her. "You have already endured too much pain, Kousei. I don't even know how I'll make you happy. Even after the rebellion ended, you aren't happy yet."

I faced her and hugged her. "Just you being here makes me forget everything, Kaori."

She hugged me, too. "I'm glad to hear that, Kousei."

I kissed her forehead at that time as I hold Kaori's golden hair. "I won't be king. I won't be an emperor of Japan. I don't deserve it. I don't want the blood of a traitor to rule Japan alongside a prime minister."

Kaori stared back at me. She seemed surprised by my decision, "You're not a traitor, Kousei! You've helped the government bring down a traitor!"

"Do you think I'll be able to do that if I know that Princess Ayami's biological mother from the beginning? Even if I hate her so much because of what she has done to me after I have learned who she is and my connection to her, I can't help but want to hold her close to me. Yes, despite everything she did to me! She is still my mother. Even so, I know that she can never replace the warmth that Arima Saki had given me," I cried out to her. "Princess Ayami is still the one who gave birth to me. I want to understand her. I cannot even kill her. If the government chooses to hang her as punishment, I will do my best to stop them! I don't want to see my mother die! She only had done those evil acts as she thought that she will never see me again. It will be better for her to live in prison for the rest of her life."

Kaori held me close to her and kissed me on my lips. I touched her cheeks at that time and there, we kissed passionately as the rain violently falls down the skies. The dark sky seemed to cry for me as my eyes couldn't make itself water. I wonder why it's hard for me to release my tears and emotions. I am angry and sad at the same time. I want to have her with me and tell Princess Ayami that she shouldn't have done those acts to take her vengeance against everyone who took me away from her. "I'll be visiting her tomorrow. Come with me, Kaori," I asked her after we separated.

She held my hands and answered me, "I'll be there with you."

...

As the night kept on getting deeper, I have chosen to make love with Kaori. I want to feel her and forget my worries for a while. Maybe while I am in her embrace, I will forget it for a while. I took off my shirt as I kissed Kaori so passionately. She also kissed me back passionately that we fought for dominance but clearly, I won.