Eleven: Waking Up

A/n: Hoping you like this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment, okay? I hope you comment! Comments make me know and remember you more! Thank you!

...

Seto Hiroko POV:

The next day after Kousei woke up from his long sleep, his doctors arrived in his room to remove the life support tube. I was there beside him to give him support. I told him that he needs to trust me and his doctors while they do their jobs since he seemed to begin shaking in fear at the sight of his doctors. He coughed painfully after the life support was taken off his throat. I felt really bad for him when I saw him gripping his aching chest after it was removed from him. "I can't breathe. Help. Please," he whimpered.

At the time his eyes closed, I wasn't able to bear seeing him in pain. My tears just flowed out of my eyes like waterfalls.

Due to that, Dr. Jane took a deep breath and told me as they help him breathe through an air balloon, "We have to bring him immediately to the surgery room. We will be inserting a tube in his throat to help him breathe more easily."

I nodded in agreement.

A few hours after the surgery, they brought him back in the ICU where they placed a lot of machines and needles in his veins again.

———

A few days after we woke Kousei, I noticed that he is incredibly weary and pale. His eyes are covered with black circles, too. It worried me though that I have noticed that he doesn't talk to anyone. His eyes were still mostly closed than open since the medicines given to him were strong and he mostly gets panic attacks, forcing his doctors to keep giving him sedatives. That day, Dr. Jane entered his room with his psychiatrist.

"How is he, Seto-san?" Dr. Mika asked.

"He's still afraid when there are visitors he didn't know, visit him," I answered her with my head lowered down. "He's holding me too tight and cries like a child whenever he wakes up from his dreams."

Both of them looked at him pitifully. "Can we talk to him?" Dr. Jane asked me.

"Yes. You can," I smiled at them. "He's your patient, anyway."

We walked near his bed and I whispered at him while he was sleeping, "Wake up, Kousei. Your doctors are here."

He opened his eyes slowly. As I help him sit on his bed, fear became evident in his eyes when he saw his doctors but surprisingly, I could see that he's trying to fight it. I do believe that he remembers Dr. Mika unconsciously.

They gave him a small, whiteboard and black marker pen where he could write his replies. He received it willingly after I promised him that they are his doctors. He still can't speak due to the tube attached to his throat.

Dr. Mika asked him, "How are you, Kousei?"

Kousei struggled to write and so, he wrote: Afraid.

His answer truly made us pity him. I held his left hand as I see him cry again. "You'll get better, Kousei. You will get better," I told him.

He clenched his fists after a few minutes as tears grow on his eyes. I hugged him quickly to show him that I am with him and he's not alone. After I separated from him, he began writing at the whiteboard and a few seconds later, he asked us: Where am I?

"I told you that you are in the hospital, Kousei," I reminded him as our tears both fall on our eyes.

He began crying painfully and breathing sharply. He showed us the words 'I want to go home' on the whiteboard we gave him that truly made us pity him and feel his broken heart.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Dr. Jane asked him. Her voice was definitely cracking down weakly.

Kousei wrote: Home

We all looked at each other with our surprised expressions. That's when we knew that he doesn't remember that he was attacked by the man that killed his father.

After they asked more questions to diagnose if there are problems in his memory after he had woken up, I laid him back in his bed carefully and gently. Whenever I touch him, I could feel that he is still so fragile like glass. If he wasn't taken care of, he really could easily break. He held my right hand after I covered him in a white blanket. I gasped in surprise when I heard him call me 'Mom.'

They led me in their office after Kousei was asleep, his doctors gently reported her diagnosis to me. They found out that he's still clinically depressed, and more on, he is still physically weak. It was then that I really hoped that the Secret Service won't take him yet since it will be very dangerous for him to get out of the hospital. He might not even be able to carry the burden of transportation and meeting more strangers. I took a deep breath as I fold my arms. "We have to help him recover. That's the only important thing we can do for him."

"I understand, ma'am," she said to me. "As his doctors, we will do our best."

"Thank you," I croaked as another drop of tears glides down from my eyes.

Arima Kousei, why did you become like this?

How can they hurt you?

What wrong have you done? Why did God allow you to suffer?

Kousei!!! My dear son, please wake up.

...

A/n: Sorry if it's short. Even so, hope you like this!