Twelve: Take Me Home

A/n: Hope you like this chapter!
...

Seto Hiroko POV:

Weeks after Kousei slowly recovered physically after his surgery, his mental health was still the same.

At the time his breathing normalized, the huge tube was replaced with a nasal cannula. It was also the time his new psychologists asked him everything he could remember. I was informed after they checked him that he can't remember the day Okata Jun almost took his life.

Due to his days in the mental institution, his fears over nurses became so apparent and clear as he seemed to cry and scream when nurses approach him.

When I entered the room to calm him down, he cried hard over my arms and hid.

He's always grappled with fear when his eyes are open. He cannot stop screaming and crying for help that his doctors have no choice but to sedate him.

That night, I knew that I can't just leave him alone. He's calmed down when he could see me around but that night, as I was sleeping at the couch near his hospital bed, I heard him moving uncontrollably that made me wake up suddenly.

His hands were shaking and his eyes were trembling. His heartbeats were spiking dangerously, too. I immediately went near him and pushed the emergency button atop Kousei's bed upon my discovery that he's in trouble, again.

His doctors arrived at the exact time before his heart went on a flat line and to prevent that, they quickly gave him medicines over his IV line. It made Kousei calm down and stop shaking on his bed. He opened his eyes, and tears overwhelmed him.

I heard him whimper, "Mom... Dad... Mom... Dad... I want to be with you."

I touched Kousei's pale face. "Kousei, can you hear me?"

He nodded as he kept on crying on the bed, "Have you been dreaming about them?"

Kousei nodded. "I try to run but I can't reach my mom and dad. They keep going farther and farther from me until I don't see them."

I sighed deeply. His doctors bowed at me after that and gave me privacy.

"Kousei, your parents love you so much. You must not worry as I will always be behind you, okay?" I promised him as I kiss his forehead.

After I said those words, I had asked him to go to sleep and rest in which he followed.

I woke up for the second time that midnight while Kousei was screaming with his right hand trying to reach someone, "Mom! Mom! Dad! Wait for me!"

I held on him immediately as I feared that if it keeps up, Kousei will truly follow them and he will die.

His eyes were so lifeless and blank that I can't even bear seeing him breaking slowly and the torture won't stop at all. When he felt my hands, his teary eyes shifted on me.

"I want to be with them, Seto-san. How will I be able to?" he asked me. His eyes were very tired and the dark circles around his eyes show it. "I want to join them up there."

"Kousei, please think about us," I cried out to him. "We will be hurt if you leave us."

"Kaori, Dad, Mom... I want to be reunited with them," he whimpered. "I can't carry my pain anymore. It's too much."

"You'll be reunited with Kaori," I promised him as I grip his hands tight. "I'll do something about it."

He looked at me with doubt.

As far as he remembers, Kaori had passed away.

"Kousei, please think about us," I begged him. "There are a lot who will be hurt if you leave us. Kaori... Kaori's alive."

My words seemed to give him a jolt of a surprise but also, I was shocked when he sat on his bed and had tried to get out of it. I immediately stopped him and asked him to go back to his bed. "Go to sleep, Kousei. Please... Rest... She'll be here. Don't worry about that, okay?"

Thankfully, he obeyed me.

After covering him with his white blanket, his eyes closed down. It made me happy that when I mentioned that Kaori's alive, it gave him hope.

She seemed to have given him light in the middle of the darkness where he is in. It's my first time to see him excited and happy.

...

Miyazono Kaori POV:

"He's looking for you. When I mentioned that you are alive, he was so excited. I hope you will be able to help me, help him recover," Seto said to me as she opens Kousei's ICU. "Tell him the truth. He needs you right now."

After stepping my foot in his hospital room, Kousei was still sleeping so tightly like a prince but the difference was that he's like a fragile glass.

I was the weak one. Kousei gave me hope when I was in my own darkness. How can this be? I survived the surgery for the two of us to play together again. Even so, will we ever be able to play music together again?

Kousei had been suffering and he's in an endless misery ever since his father was brutally murdered. Why can't he leave that dreadful place? What makes him stay there?

I sat at the chair placed on the right side of Kousei's bed and gasped in surprise when I saw how bad is his situation and current health condition. His right hand is attached to a lot of needles and the clip of the heart monitor is placed on his finger.
He felt my hands and so, as he opens his eyes, he asked me, "Seto-san?"

When his eyes finally looked at me, he spoke, "Kaori."

To my surprise, his eyes closed again and the beating of his heart suddenly went into a flat line which panicked me. "Kousei! Kousei!!!"

I was panicking when his heartbeats suddenly went flat. I pushed the emergency button immediately and when his medical staff entered as soon possible, three nurses asked me to get out.

Seto Hiroko ran at my side as I cry after I left Kousei's room. She took me around her arms to calm me down as I was so surprised by what had happened.

A few minutes later, his doctor, Dr. Jane stood in front of us. "The patient is relatively so weak that we have to check if he got some underlying disease he caught up due to how long he is bedridden. He shows signs of fatigue and relative weakness."

Seto Hiroko nodded. "Thank you, doctor."

We entered his room together where we saw Kousei, breathing sharply.

"He looked so happy when he saw me," I told Seto Hiroko-san.

"It only means that you are truly important to him, Kaori. Please help me take care of him," she told me.

"I will," I told him. "I promise."

...

A/n: Hope you like this chapter! Do you think Kaori will be able to bring light and rescue him from his sadness for the second time?