Thirteen: Interstellar

A/n: Thank you for reading my book!
....

Miyazono Kaori POV:

The next day, when I returned back in the hospital to visit Kousei, I saw Seto Hiroko talking to two Secret Service Agents. I also noticed there's a doctor around talking to them. "The pain he had when he was attacked put him back to a long sleep. I hope you allow the hospital to keep the patient here. He won't be able to carry the burden of travel even if he is in an ambulance."

"We have no choice but to put a lot of police and soldiers here instead," Agent Yukauchi spoke up. "He's back on a comatose state."

I entered Kousei's room and found out that he's having labored breathing. His cheeks and eyes are definitely so tired and so pale. Once again, he is in a life support tube. I went closer to him as my eyes water. "Kousei, I'm still here. Don't leave me. I survived because of you. You gave me hope. Now, please do the same to me."

"Seto-san, is he the last surviving Arima?" I asked. "Does he have any relatives at all?"

"He has his grandparents but they chose me to take care of him," she said to me.

"His perpetrator hurt him too much. I could feel his anger radiating through how Kousei looks like," I told him. "Why does it seem like that, Seto-san?"

"Since you are his lover, you have the right to know the confidential secrets of the Secret Service. His perpetrator is Okata Jun. He hates the Arima Family due to their bloodline. The Arima Family are still legal descendants of the royal family while Okata Jun is an illegitimate child," she paused after that to sit beside Kousei. I also sat at the chair near his bed.

After that, Seto Hiroko-san continued her reply to me, "Kousei's great-grandmother left the royal family many years ago. A female monarch who marries a commoner become commoners. His great-grandmother is a victim of the Reformation of the Japanese Royal Family when Japan was defeated in World War 2. His great-grandmother was expelled to commoner status after marrying his great-grandfather, Arima Kenichiro. Arima Kenichiro is the founder of the Hana Group of Companies."

"Does Kousei know it?" I asked. I was surprised to know that he came from a noble family.

"His father, Arima Takahiko wasn't able to introduce him to his larger family. Takahiko's father, Arima Shinichiro is the chairman of a huge corporate group, Hana Group of Companies. It's named after Princess Hana, Kousei's great-grandmother," she paused to hold Kousei's right hand. "Takahiko never liked his father after his mother died. When he married, he left their mansion and lived as a spy but he can never leave the corporation totally. He returned and to his surprise, his father accepted him and chose him to be the heir. Years later, he was killed by Okata Jun before he takes him to the custody of his father."

I pitied Kousei more. I can't believe that his father hid too many things to him. "Does his grandfather know Kousei's situation? Why haven't I seen him visit?"

"He was devastated when he learned about his son's death. It was also him who had asked me to take his grandson away from the mental institution to prevent him from totally becoming insane. He chose me to take care of him. For now, he's working and he doesn't get a chance to see him. He's too busy," she answered me.

After we talked together, I left him in his room praying that at the time he wakes up, he would be able to finally recover from all of the wounds that his perpetrator inflicted on him.

...

Days passed...

I was able to meet Arima Shinichiro. He talked to Prime Minister Nakamichi and the intelligence agents about Kousei's health and if they were able to arrest Okata Jun when they met outside Kousei's hospital room.