Ten: His Long Sleep

A/n: Hope you like this chapter! I wish you to vote and comment! Thank you!

...

Arima Kousei POV:

My eyes opened in a very dark and empty space. The silence was blearing too much on my ears, too.

Where am I?

I don't remember how I got in this empty vacuum.

A few seconds later, I saw a shadow of my mother and father standing in front of me.

I stood immediately and ran to go to them but I can't seem to reach them.

The distance between me and my parents had kept on going farther until I wasn't able to reach them.

"Mom! Mom! Dad! Please don't leave me alone! Dad! Mom!"

I tried running to get to them but no matter how much I move my legs, I don't seem to reach them."Mom! Dad! Without you, my life had been nothing but useless! Please, don't leave me alone!"

I tried running more to get to them but my parents were still so distant from me. I cried harder and screamed, "Please don't leave me alone!"

I put my right hand on my chest as it feels like it's being stabbed repeatedly.  I screamed harder due to the pain and tears fall on my eyes.

Because of the pain that it's giving me, I truly hoped to die. I couldn't breathe, and I can't move. My body's frozen in place.

"What is happening to me?" I asked myself. While my chest was aching, I collapsed and I could feel the dark, empty space absorbing me.

...

Seto Hiroko POV:

I just got back from my house to take Kousei's clothes when I saw the medical staff that consists of two doctors, and three nurses had entered Kousei's isolation room with a defibrillator with them.

I tried to get in to know what was happening but two of Kousei's bodyguards employed by the Japanese Government stopped me from moving further.

"Ma'am, the medical staff are attending to the patient. Please don't interfere," one of them told me. "You may interrupt them."

I had no choice but to look at the glass window after I was prevented to even look at him inside his room. When I finally came to look at him by the glass window, it was a shock to me that they're giving him CPR since his heart monitor's in a flat line.

When the defibrillator's ready, Doctor Sakamoto Jane, a Japanese-American put it on his chest several times. I looked at Kousei while he's still on the bed. I could see his very pale face. He's still in a life support tube.

I hate to say it but the machine could be the only one giving him life. He truly looked so broken and frail. Drops of tears broke on my eyes painfully. I feel faint while I was seeing Saki's son in pain.

A male nurse closed the curtains as the two doctors, Dr. Sakamoto and Dr. Akizawa try to save Kousei's life to give them privacy.

Genichi appeared behind me and when he became aware that I'm still standing near Kousei's room while his doctors were trying to revive him, he hugged me while my tears were falling down my cheeks. "We already know who tried to kill him and who killed his father. You know that I'm the secretary of the Prime Minister, right?"

"Who did this to Kousei, Genichi? He doesn't deserve this pain! He's just a boy!" I asked him as I cry.

He touched my wet cheeks and dried it using his thumb. "I can't tell you, yet. Forgive me, Hiroko but I am assuring you that he will be safe and the suspect won't be able to touch him again."