Seven: Is He Ready?

A/n: Hope you like this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment, okay?

...

Seto Hiroko POV:

A day after Kousei told me about the possible reason why someone wants to kill him, the agents of Japanese Secret Service, Agent Yukauchi Kenichi, Dr. Toyama, and Dr. Mika returned back in my house.

Kousei was deeply asleep in his room when the three of them came back to my house. I gave them all tea at that time as they have chosen to wait for him to wake up. I let them sit on a black couch a distance away from his bed in his room. Kousei's bedroom was large enough to fit many types of furniture. As we are all in his room with him, still asleep, Agent Yukauchi asked me, "Is there anything he said while we are away?"

I sat in front of them and asked, "Can I really trust you?"

"We're agents, Seto Hiroko. Like we told you, his words about his past are all confidential. He is an important person in the Secret Service as he is Sir Arima Takahiko's son. His sudden death is a huge attack on our establishment," Agent Yukauchi said to me. "Whatever his son knows or will discover, it is important that we take it as classified and keep it confidential. We just know that he knew something so important that he feared for the life of his son."

"Kousei spoke yesterday that he must go back in his old house and take something important that might be related to his case," I told them. "Can you check if ever he can carry it on? I don't want him to have panic attacks. He gets panic attacks when he goes back to that house."

While I am talking, we all heard Kousei whimpering in pain on his bed that made us all worry. His fists clenched, too. Dr. Toyama immediately checked him. "He's got a fever again. We can't risk him getting pneumonia, Seto Hiroko."

Slowly, he opened his eyes and cried on his bed. He doesn't seem to notice us but after a few minutes, after I made him sit, he saw his doctors and Agent Yukauchi. "I hate dreams, Seto-san."

I asked him, "What do you mean?"

"I dreamed about my days in the mental institution. They strike me, strap me on my bed, force down medicines on my mouth or keep on injecting drugs on me and handcuff me. They were killing me, Seto-san! The mental institution made me feel afraid of the outside world," sobbed Kousei painfully.

I hugged him tightly. "Those days are gone now, Kousei. You're here with me."

His tears fall bitterly on my shoulders. His wounds were all still fresh even after five years have passed already. I could feel his pain and agony due to all the things that happened to him after his father was brutally murdered. His wounds will only heal if his father is given justice already. I let his doctors assess him if he can carry on and go back to his old house. After a few minutes, they returned back to me. It was Agent Mika who faced me, "We will go back here with a backup. Whatever he knows, if what he says will show the reason why he killed his father, the killer could be waiting for him to get it and destroy that document."

"Thank you, Agent Mika. I really hope that he will find something back home. I know that he wants to give justice to his father. Whoever it is, he would definitely want to ask him why he took his father from him," I told them.

...

The next day, I woke Kousei after two black cars went in front of our house.

Genichi also went to Kousei's room to check him. He opened his eyes and looked at me. Like any other day, he still really look sad and sick even after we gave him medicines for his fever.

"Are you alright, Kousei? We'll be going back to your old home," I told him.

When I said that, he began wailing and hesitating to come with me. "Seto-san, I'm afraid of going back there even if I know I have to!"

"We're all going with you. Whoever killed your father won't touch you, okay?" I promised him.

He nodded and so, Genichi helped me carry him. I cleaned him and prepped him to go back to his old home. While I am taking care of him and making sure he's ready to be back to where there are a lot of painful memories, my daughter, Koharu, who is now eleven years old, asked me, "You were taking care of him more than me. Why, mom? Even dad went here since he wants to take care of Kousei-niisan. Why do you all keep taking care of him more than me? Why is he so important than me?"

I was about to answer when Genichi told me, "I'll take care of it."

He took her out of the living room after Kousei's doctors went into our house to check if he is ready enough to go back to his home where there are a lot of memories that could make him feel really bad. His old home is filled with a lot of painful memories anyway.

...

Seto Genichi POV:

"Are you jealous of Arima Kousei, Koharu?" I asked our daughter. It truthfully angered me when I saw our daughter trying to lock off Kousei's room so that we won't get in his room. I just stopped her and took back the keys from her before she gets to lock off his room.

"He does not do anything. He's just always on his bed, sleeping!" she told me. "I wonder why he can do that."

"He's sick, Koharu. You shouldn't be jealous of him! What you actually should feel is to understand and pity him. You're just a kid. You won't understand everything yet. There's only one thing you should understand why I chose to help your mother now. I want to protect you and our family! Do you understand? You are eleven years old now! You are now aware of your surroundings. Since you belong in this family, know that Kousei is like an older brother of yours who's in danger," I told her. "He needs understanding and love right now."

...

After I talked to Koharu, I went back to the living room and asked, "How is he?"

"He'll be fine. It will be better if you stay here, Genichi-san. We can take care of Kousei," Agent Yukauchi told him.

"I understand," I replied.

I helped Kousei stand up from the couch and get him in the car outside my house. Before they leave, I told her before he closes the door of the car, "Take good care of Kousei. Don't let your eyes away from him."

"I understand. I won't let him get away from my eyes," she told me.

I took a deep breath, "Seto Hiroko, know that the boy's life is far more important than whatever you will take back in that house. If he dies, he will win."

My words made her suspicious of me, "You know someone... A possible suspect who might have killed his father? You know something do you?"

"I can't be sure if the man I believe is the one who killed his father. I told many names to Okata Ichiru. He was angry when he was asked to drop Kousei's case after he learned that his case is passed on the Japanese Secret Service and is forbidden to be investigated by the police. I am asking you to ask them to let the few elite police in their fight," I told her.

After I said all of those words, I closed the car's right door. Kousei's doctors went in the car behind them, the convoy moved and left to go back in the village where all of his trauma originated in.

...

I hate to say it, but I have kept one name away from everyone. Most of all, forgive me Hiroko. I came back to help you since I am afraid of my life and most of all, I fear for the boy's life.

If ever he learns the truth now, he would definitely wake up from all of his trauma. I know a secret that I can't even tell him yet as he is still in trauma.

Seto Hiroko...

The Arimas have a very dangerous man as an enemy only because Takahiko and Saki fell in love.

Protect him well, Seto Hiroko. Kousei cannot die. If he sees him again, he will kill him.

...

A/n: Thank you for reading my book!
Don't forget to vote and comment!