Chapter 20

In the noisy city of Dark Valley, a young girl with a mask on waking through the crowds. A month ago, Kira decided to leave the Azure country to travel. She wasn't worried about the mastermind behind the two siblings' so called father. The mastermind would probably already flee the country. Also, the kingdom was safe now, and she was too lazy to help with the reconstruction, both politically and environmentally.

Before traveling to Dark Valley, she heard it from her uncle that city was the border between the four countries. There were famous sects and academies there. Students or cultivators can either join a sect or be a student there. Joining a sect is a lifetime commitment and stays loyal to the sect forever. However, to join an academy is just a temporary thing. You are not tied to the school nor have a relation with it after you graduated.

Since this city is so famous in the mainland that the four countries had no authority over it, Kira really wanted to see it for herself. As for Ren, before Kira steering off to Dark Valley, he told her he couldn't accompanied her since he had a matter to settle. With that he stole a kiss from her lips and disappeared from thin air.

"Why is it so noisy in here?" Kira said grumpily.

Kira with great difficulty found an empty room in the inn.It is not like she needed it, but she was just trying to be a normal person like everyone else.

"Can I have one room? The best one you have?"Kira asked the innkeeper. Although Kira dressed in a plain clothing and with a strange mask on her, the innkeeper wouldn't judge her. People in Dark Valley had one rule that to never judge a person by their looks or they might be offended an expert.

"Yes. May I know how many days will the honorable guest will be staying?"The innkeeper showed his best business smile.

"Two days are fine and with full meals."

"Then that would be 2,000 gold coins, young lady."

Without even batting an eye, Kira pulled out a big bag full of gold coins from her space and placed it on the counter.

"Here, count it, and you can share the extra with the other employees as tips."

Little did Kira know that this was the most expensive inn in the hole city. Therefore, there were still extra rooms. But who was Kira. She can just create money if she needs it.

"Then this is your key, young lady." The innkeeper gave the key to Kira with a room number attached to it.

"Oh by the way, is the city always busy?"

"No, not always. In the next two days there will be an exam to enter sects and academies. So as you can see, a lot of influence families are coming to take the exams."The innkeeper said to Kira politely. Maybe due to the big pile of money before, the attitude of the innkeeper was more nicer and softer than before.

'Wow, the influence of money is really scary.' Kira thought.