Everything has gone to Hell

"I got to go the party mom! I'll see you later!"

You didn't want to go to your friend's party, you got everything you needed to scare your poor victims and have never been so excited.

"Okay, you have fun and stay warm!"

         You wave good bye and head out to Mt. Ebott. It wasn't dark yet but the sunset was enough to see. Your costume was great, you got some compliments and you sometimes said somethings to show off your voice changer which caused a few shocks when they heard you speak, you couldn't help but smile behind the mask.

         You were at the base of the mountain, the sun just setting behind you. The forest ahead was already pitch black inside but you had brought an old-fashioned candle lantern strapped to your side and scythe in hand. This isn't the first time you've been here in fact, you come here quite often so you know the best paths that have the best trees and bushes to hide in.

                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on Brent, do we have to keep going? I'm cold and scared!"

"Don't worry Linda we've been out here long enough that no 'Fallen angel' is going to come out."

         These were the best victims you've seen so far, you actually thought wouldn't have run into so many people. At some point the amount of people was so ridiculous, you had to hike higher up the mount just so you could rake out the 'bravest' that walked higher up the mountain.

"Can't we just turn around? I don't think anybody has gotten this far before?"

"No one has Linda, which makes us the first!"

         These people weren't the first make to it this far, they were probably the third. As they walked closer to where you were hiding, you grabbed a rock and threw it to the other side of the bushes making them rustle a bit. The couple are startled and quickly turn their flash light to the bushes.

"There's something in the bushes Brent! let's go home!"

"I'm pretty sure it's a squirrel Linda."

         You quietly as ever walk out of the bushes with your scythe in hand raised enough that it shines in the moonlight. You reply to one of the victim's last reply.

"Yeah, i'm pretty sure it's just a squirrel, Linda."

         They both turn around with horror plastered on their faces getting the best reaction out of the girl. The two basically trample over each other as they run back down while their screams echo off the mountain.

"Hahaha! That was best reaction I've seen yet!"

You are basically on the ground trying not to pee from laughing so hard.

         You take off your mask to breathe in some fresh air and look up at the sky with your real eyes and not through some goggles that are connected to the mask. You didn't realize that you could see way more stars up in the mountains, you even could see some constellations that you can't see in the city. You could stare all night.

         You decided that you've had enough fun scaring people for the night and decided to walk farther up the trail and find a spot to star gaze. You didn't have to worry about any one coming down your way because you pretty much prevented that from happening. You've never actually been to the top before so you were quite excited to see what it looked like.

                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         Unbelievable. The rest of the trail is blocked off by a chained fence but it was one that mostly prevented vehicles from going higher up the mountain. You climb over it and ignored the sign that said 'keep out! Private property!' The trail was not as apparent and the forest was much thicker. You were a bit hesitant to continue mainly because you didn't want to run into some wild animals and also was maybe a bit scared of the 'Fallen angel' legend as well. 

          You were almost at the top of the mountain but the clouds started to move in blocking the moonlight which forced you to use your lantern which was also running out of candle. You weren't turning back now even if you couldn't really look at the stars anymore, you could at least see the city lights.

                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          The forest was the thickest at the top of Mt. Ebott and your lantern had just ran out of light so you could only rely on your eyes now. You didn't realize how brave you were until there was no more light. The sounds of crickets around you seemed louder and the feeling of no longer being alone set in. You kept tripping on your robe and from other branches until you tripped but never felt the ground this time. You were falling into Mt. Ebott.