Safe?

I didn't get much sleep last night ever since Gaster had gotten into my bedroom and it also didn't help the fact that I am leading my friends into a trap now that Gaster knows what's going on. I was escorted to the throne room and saw multiple guards and King Asgore himself who was waiting to see me.

"Ah Flowey, glad to see that you're awake." Asgore says a bit too serious.

I didn't know what to say and just nodded, I wasn't in the mood for talking.

"Now, let's go meet the former Queen shall we?" Asgore says as he signaled his guards to move forward.

           I wasn't paying attention throughout the journey back to Snowdin and couldn't really shake the feeling that someone was watching me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

           It had been another day since Flowey had left and everyone was starting to assume the worst. Toriel was trying her best not to cry and blame herself for letting him go and Sans and Papyrus were a bit down as well. You didn't want to accept the fact that something bad could've happened to Flowey and just stuck with your determination that he was still alive.

"Oh this is all my fault! Flowey is probably dead because of me!" Toriel sobbed.

"Don't worry Toriel, I think Flowey is alright and this is not your fault." I say trying to comfort her.

           Sans was holding a tissue box and a trash can full of used tissues, he sighs and handed Toriel another one as she blew into it. You weren't going to give up as easily since you didn't want to live the rest of your life in hiding. Sans handed the tissue box to Toriel and signaled you to come over to him and whispered into your ear.

"can we talk in private for a moment?"

          You tell Toriel that you won't be gone long as Sans teleports you and him to the patch of golden flowers that were right under the light of the hole you fell down in when you first came to the Underground. You both sit down and Sans gave you a worried look.

"...(y/n), i think it's time we face the facts that flowey―didn't make it." Sans says mournfully.

You try and stop the tears from falling and shook your head in disagreement.

"No. No that's not true, I know he made it, I know he's not―" You stop mid sentence as the tears started falling and the lump in your throat got bigger.

          You hug Sans and buried your face into his jacket as you tried to muffle your crying. He wraps his arms around you and puts his face into the crook of your neck, his grip stiffening as he tried to stop himself crying for you. Sans was sad for Flowey, but he couldn't stand to see you cry more than anything. He loosens his grip on you and lifts your chin up to look at him.

"don't worry doll, everything is going to be alright. we'll find another way to help make monsters accept humans like you in our world but for now, lets try to be positive."

"You're one to talk." You say giving him a small smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          The two of you took a bit more time to calm yourselves and head back to Toriel's place but when you arrived, you heard Papyrus shouting. You opened the door and saw Papyrus searching for you and Sans but he stops the moment he spotted you.

"YOU TWO! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?! THERE'S SOMEONE THAT'S BEEN KNOCKING ON THOSE GIANT DOORS DOWNSTAIRS AND I THINK IT'S FLOWEY BACK WITH KING ASGORE!"

          You and Sans look at each other in disbelief and without hesitation, everyone was running down the stairs to the giant doors in hopes that it really was Flowey returning with King Asgore. When you got to the doors, everyone silently listened for the knocking. At first there was nothing, but then two loud and strong knocks came and echoed down the hall. Sans and Papyrus quickly started up their magic and the doors began to glow a faint red as they slowly creaked open. Toriel stood in the middle of the doorway with her head held high as more light began to seep through the crack.