Acceptance

You close your eyes waiting for your end but nothing happened. You opened your eyes and saw Sans looking at the ground―crying. His hands slid down the wall as he fell down on his knees still in front of you.

"i've had dreams of killing your kind, except they were children. i've never felt so horrible in my life. how? how have you survived this long!?" Sans cries.

          You realized that Sans was apologizing to you and wasn't trying to kill you. Sans pulls you close to him with his head resting on your chest. You hug him back and put your arms around his head.

"i knew something was off when you came to Snowdin, i just couldn't figure it out what it was exactly. i guess i'm also glad to know that i'm not gay."

You laugh at this causing Sans to laugh a little with you.

"So you're not going to kill me because i'm a human?" I ask Sans.

He looks up at you with tears still in his eyes and caresses your cheek.

"now why would i kill the person i love most?"

           And without warning, Sans presses his teeth against your soft lips startling you in the process. You relax and close your eyes as you melt into the kiss, you both broke the kiss as Sans stands up and looks into your sparkling eyes.

"god you're so beautiful." He sighs.

"Th-thank you." I say shyly.

Sans' suddenly realizes something once you replied.

"your voice, i know your voice―you're the one i was talking to with the echo flowers!" He says blushing.

"I couldn't help myself when I heard you talking about me in that echo flower by the bench so I made a risky decision of talking to you with my real voice." I say smiling.

Sans' was face completely red once he heard this.

"so that means i was basically talking about you and talking to you at the s-same time!?" He says confused.

          You could feel his embarrassment radiating off of him and laugh a bit from his reaction. He loved your real laugh it sounded so cute and not scratchy and deep when you had your mask on.

"how were you able to make your voice sound different when you have that mask on?" Sans asks.

You pick up your mask off the ground and showed him the inside of it.

"When I made this mask, I put a voice changer in it so no one would recognize me." I say proudly.

"so if you fell down here like all the other humans, that means you came from the Ruins where those giant gates that lead to Snowdin, right? did you have all of this when you fell down here?" 

           You explain to Sans how you fell down here at a time where on the surface people would dress up as monsters for a day and go around scaring people. Sans laughs when he heard this.

"that's a human tradition!?" He says still laughing.

"It's more of a holiday but it is kind of weird now that I think about it." I say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sans asked more questions about the surface but mostly asked more about yourself.

"You didn't seem scared or surprised when i first saw walk into Grillby's and everyone was staring at you, why is that?"

"When I was in the Ruins, I met the former Queen Toriel and she wanted to teach me as much as she could about survival before letting me continue on in the Underground. She couldn't bare to let me leave unprepared like the other children that fell down here, she probably thinks i'm dead anyway." I say sadly.