Predicament

It's been a while since you and Sans had declared you were now dating and Sans has made it very clear that you are 'his' and no one can steal you. You didn't think he was the possessive type but he's not as severe like some people that won't even let their boyfriend or girlfriend even talk to anyone else including their own family. He did get on nerves sometimes when he came with you on patrol but at least he doesn't do it everyday.

          Papyrus was a little irritated by Sans' attachment towards you when it came down to work hours so he made Sans get a part time job which was making hot dogs. He was a little annoyed that Papyrus was making him do something, but he was getting a lot of money from the royal guards that always seemed hungry food since most of them are dogs. You had to agree with Papyrus that it was nice to see Sans actually being productive for once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Today was a bit different when you woke up. Instead of early morning training, Papyrus had got a call from Undyne telling him that all members of the royal guard must meet at her house ASAP.

"COME ARIE, WE MUST GO TO UNDYNE'S PLACE NOW. ALL MEMBERS OF THE ROYAL GUARD ARE GOING TO BE THERE, SHE DID SAY IT WAS URGENT SO WE MUST LEAVE THIS VERY MOMENT." Says Papyrus.

          We head out to leave but instead of going to the direction you normally take to Waterfall, Papyrus had gone in the opposite direction and confused you to why he was going the wrong way. He turns a corner as you both walk through a smaller part of Snowdin and stop at a river. You stand there as Papyrus mumbles something and taps his foot impatiently.

"Um, Papyrus? What exactly are we waiting for?" I ask him.

"THERE'S A RIVER PERSON THAT CAN TAKE US TO WATERFALL QUICKER BUT THEY DON'T SEEM TO BE HERE, THEY'RE USUALLY ARE HERE AROUND THIS HOUR."

          You waited for a few more minutes as Papyrus grew more impatient, you could tell that he was contemplating of leaving and going the longer way.

"I HOPE YOU CAN RUN BECAUSE WE MIGHT HAVE TO TAKE THE LONG WAY AND WE'RE ALREADY RUNNING A BIT LATE." He says.

          Papyrus turns around and starts fast walking away but you noticed something coming up stream. You tell Papyrus to stop and told him that the riverman was here.

"ABOUT TIME THEY CAME!" Papyrus huffs.

          The boat was shaped like a cat with the head being the front and the tail being the back. The riverman was wearing a dark blue cloak that covered their face which reminded you of the grim reaper in some way. You get in carefully and sat down in fear of falling off as Papyrus stood stern with his arms folded still annoyed.

"TAKE US TO WATERFALL." He says to the river man.

The boat starts to move on it's own as you drift away from Snowdin.

"Tra la la. I am the riverman. Or am I the riverwoman...? It doesn't really matter. I love to ride in my boat." The river person sings.

          You were a little disturbed by the song the riverman―river person's song as the boat started to pick up its pace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boat stopped at Waterfall and you got off.

"Tra la la. Come again. Tra la la."

          You shiver at the river person's response and followed Papyrus to Undyne's house. When you both got there you could see her door open from all the royal guards trying to pack themselves in such a small space .