Survival needs

The shorter skeleton couldn't think of any good come backs and was already starting to feel the nausea kick in. Before he could say one last thing, he got on all fours and started heaving out all that '167 Proof vodka' onto Grillby's new floor. He knew he was gonna get it from him once he sobered up tomorrow. He couldn't think straight and the floor felt like it was moving on it's own every time he tried standing up. My brother notices this and picks him up like he was some child.

"SORRY UNDYNE, BUT I NEED TO TAKE MY HALF BROTHER BACK HOME BEFORE I END UP HAVING TO PAYING FOR HIS MESSES AGAIN!" Papyrus says as he walks out of the bar leaving his brother's mess still on the floor.

                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         You could see Grillby's flames get slightly bigger and more violent as he watches the one skeleton brother carry his other away. 

"He still hasn't even paid his fucking tab off." Grillby utters under his breath.

         He kicks the rest of the customer's out and starts closing up his bar. He didn't kick you out for some reason which made you a bit worried of why he didn't. You suddenly remembered that you never got to order any of his food. Your stomach grumbles loud enough Grillby notices this and turns his head your way.

"I'm not that hungry." You say looking in the opposite direction.

Grillby let's out a small chuckle but this one was not his joking one. 

"Maybe i'll let you eat if you clean up that mess. After all, you are the one that jabbed his side and made him puke all over my brand new floor."

         You weren't an idiot and got his message quite clear. You also knew he wasn't going to forgive you as easily for ruining his new wood floor. 

"Where's the mop and bucket." You sighed.

"Glad to see you got my message!" He says sarcastically.

                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         You were still trying to wrap your head around the fact of how a skeleton can look large like a human and eat and vomit like one too. You never actually got the name of the monster you roasted.

"What was that guy's name that puked on the floor?" You asked Grillby.

"That 'guy' that puked on my floor is named Sans." He says as he's cleaning shot glasses.

Sans and Papyrus, those two were something. You quietly laugh remembering Sans' face once you called him a 'half brother'. 

"I take it that Sans is the youngest brother?" You question.

Grillby laughs a bit a this.

"It's actually the other way around." He says glancing up to see my reaction.

You stop mopping and look up at Grillby.

"Wow, that dude really is a loser."

Grillby raises his eyebrows as he continues to clean mugs and shot glasses.

"He's actually not as big of a loser than you think, you just got lucky and got him while he was in a vulnerable state."

"I beg to differ."

"You just keep telling yourself that mr." Grillby chimes as he lifts the glass to the dim lights.

         There was silence for a few minutes as we were cleaning but it wasn't the awkward silence. I decided that I might as well help Grillby finish cleaning the rest of the bar but reminded him that I was only doing it so he could pay me back by making me food.

                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         After finally cleaning up the rest of the bar, I watched Grillby cook the fries with just his arms which was pretty awesome to see. I only got the fries because Grillby would've charged me extra which meant having to clean the bar tomorrow night just so I could pay him off if I got the burger too. The fries were finally done and smelled the best. I pick up a fry and stop myself from having the same dilemma I first had with Toriel.

"Can I have this to go?" I ask.

Grillby looks at me confused.

"Why don't you just take your mask off and eat?"

         You remembered your fake backstory that you and Toriel created in order to avoid this type of situation. You decide to go on and tell him your life story of why you can't take your mask off.

"I can't take my mask off in public, it's against my cultures rules. It's basically like walking around in your underwear if you show people your face." 

"Hmm, so are you are pretty much a bird judging by the way your mask looks?"

"Pretty much, but our beaks are not as big. We make the beak bigger because it looks more intimidating." You continue on.

                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grillby became very fascinated with your species but got a bit confused when you got to the part about you being exiled from your village.

"So when you got exiled from your religion because they thought your belief in science was considered evil, then why do you still practice some of it?" Grillby questions.

"Would you stop drinking if you were exiled from all bars?"

"You've got a good point there." He says chuckling.

         We both started getting tired from talking about each others backstories and decided to call it a night. Grillby was going to let me stay the night in the back room of his bar. The room had a rolled up mattress in the corner and a small bathroom next to it. Grillby said he only lends out this room for 'special occasions' for some of his favored customers. You got the idea of what mostly goes on back here and what goes on that mattress so you just sleep on the cold floor which you don't mind with at all.

         You take your mask and reach for the fries into the bag and take a bite of something that's not made out of dust and snails. Having your mask off out here for the first time made you feel super vulnerable even if no one can see you, so you quickly finish off the fries and put your mask back on. You now got most of the things you need in order to survive around here but you know you can't keep sleeping at Grillby's bar and you will have to eventually get money some way or the other so you can have a decent house or your own space to call home, but for now you just wanted to sleep.