No Escape

Your vision was blurry as you saw mostly white all around you and heard a distant beeping of a heart monitor in your left ear. You noticed a blurry black and red figure on your right that was sitting next you and tried to speak but nothing came out as you tried to move as well but nothing happened. Your vision had finally cleared and realized you were in a hospital. There were other monsters rushing around in nurse outfits, some dressed as doctors while they pushed injured monsters around on stretchers. 

          Your room was empty except for you and the sleeping figure which you now noticed was actually Sans sleeping. Your throat felt dry as you tried to call out to Sans but you noticed some water next to you on a tray and took a sip. You couldn't really remember what happened after you saw Asgore killing Gaster, all you remembered is that you were in a lot of pain. You sat up a bit from the bed and cleared your throat causing Sans to stir and mumble your name in his sleep.

"...(y/n)..."

          He said a bit more after your name but you couldn't tell what he was trying to say. You try to reach Sans to shake him awake but he was too far away and decided it would be best if you just tried whispering his name.

"Sans...Sans...Sans wake up."

          He didn't answer and stayed silent, you sighed and slumped back into the bed and tried to get some more sleep, but it wasn't long until you heard muffled yelling on the other side of the wall next to your room that sounded a lot like Papyrus. His shouting sounded like he was moving around and became more clear as he left his room and was now heard down the hallway.

"...WHERE AM I AND WHERE IS MY BROTHER SANS AND (Y/N)!?!"

"Sir I need you calm down, you just came out of surgery an hour ago and need to recover longer!" You hear a nurse talking to Papyrus.

"I COULD CARE LESS THAT I NEED TO RECOVER, NOW WHERE IS MY FRIEND AND BROTHER!"

"There in the room next to you sir and be careful with your arm." The nurse says slightly annoyed by Papyrus' sass.

          Papyrus was silent and obviously ignored the nurse's advice as you heard him get closer to your room. He walks in wearing a hospital gown pulling an IV stand with him with one arm while the other was in a sling. You sat up and tried your best to keep a straight face at what he was wearing. He saw that you were awake and looked away blushing.

"Nice outfit." I teased.

"WELL YOURS IS NO BETTER SINCE WE ARE WEARING THE EXACT SAME THING!" Papyrus says embarrassed.

You heard Sans groan and lift his head up and stretched, waking up from Papyrus' naturally loud voice.

"geez bro be quiet, you're going to wake up (y/n)." Sans yawns.

"OH PLEASE, SHE'S ALREADY AWAKE AND IT'S NOT LIKE THIS PLACE IS ANY LOUDER. HONESTLY, HOW CAN THIS HOSPITAL BE SO BUSY?"

Sans looks over to you and smiles still looking way more tired than usual.

"glad to see you're awake." Sans says as he gives you a tired laugh.

"Shouldn't it be the other way around?" 

          Papyrus takes the seat next to Sans and winces a bit as his arm in the sling bumped part of the arm chair. You looked at Papyrus' arm and noticed his hand wasn't missing anymore.

"Papyrus? What did they do to your arm?" I ask.

He smiles excitedly as if he's been waiting for you to ask him.

"WELL, THE KING WAS NICE ENOUGH TO HAVE THE BEST DOCTORS AND SCIENTISTS HELP FIX SANS AND I UP. THEY GAVE ME THIS NICE ROBOTIC HAND BUT THEY SAID IT'S GOING TO TAKE A WHILE FOR ME TO ADJUST TO IT, TO BE HONEST IT'S ACTUALLY BETTER THAN MY OTHER HAND!"