Cutting it close

After hearing the terms and conditions of becoming room mates with Sans and Papyrus, you situate yourself back onto the couch basically letting your body melt into it. Papyrus went to the kitchen and started making dinner. Sans sits next to you on the couch and reaches between the cushions and pulls out the t.v. remote.

         He quickly flips through the channels and stops on a cooking show. A title appears on the screen with red and yellow lettering "Cooking with MTT". The camera turns to the left and shows a robot with four arms and four yellow eyes and short black hair with dark red highlights. They almost looked human if you just looked at their face and got rid of the second pair of eyes.

"Hello my dearest fans! My name is Mettaton and tonight I'll be teaching you all how to cook double chocolate brownies! So grab your apron and chefs hat and let's get cooking~"

         That last part of the sentence sounded very sensual and unnecessary but the picture of the brownies that they showed looked super good.

                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         The show was half way done and so far everything was a disaster. All the ingredients they were using were super toxic chemicals that could kill you if you inhaled any of it, but Mettaton was a robot so the smell didn't effect them at all. You could hear the camera guy was coughing and choking from the chemicals and drops the camera. You hear Mettaton whispering for another back up and to sweep up the dust. The camera is picked up and put back onto Mettaton again and continues as if nothing ever happened. The show abruptly ends with Mettaton cutting into the counter with a chainsaw and laughing like a psychopath before quickly showing the end credits.

         You turn to see Sans still staring at the t.v. and starts flipping through channels again. 

"Was that live???" I question.

"nah, that was an old rerun."

"And monsters actually like this kind of stuff!?!" I ask even more worried.

"despite all the channels we have in the Underground, Mettaton is the only star and t.v. producer so ya kinda have no choice."

         He was right, every channel he flipped through was starring nothing but Mettaton. Sans was about to stop on a Mettaton horror movie where all the characters were played just by Mettaton but Papyrus came in and told us that dinner was ready.

         Sans and I walked into the kitchen, your mouth was already watering at the sight of the nice hot dish of lasagna but Sans was groaning. 

"Papyrus, when will you ever learn how to cook something that's not lasagna?" Sans complains.

"I CAN'T JUST GO LEARNING OTHER RECIPES UNTIL I HAVE MASTERED THE ART OF COOKING LASAGNA!"

"but it's already perfect! nothing tasted bad the last time you made it!"

"LAST TIME I ADDED TOO MUCH CHEESE WHICH OVER POWERED THE TOMATO SAUCE!"

"you added one extra shred of cheese Papyrus."

"I MISCOUNTED! I HAD 3,785 SHREDS OF CHEESE, YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO HAVE ONLY 3,784 SHREDS OF CHEESE!"

         You have never met anyone in your entire life that individually counted each piece if shredded cheese when making lasagna. You can't imagine how crazy he gets with the rest of the ingredients. Dinner only took him an hour, so how in the world did he count all 3,784 pieces of cheese in less than an hour?

"THIS LASAGNA IS JUST AS BAD AS THE LAST ONE THAT'S FOR SURE!"

"what did you do this time?" Sans sighs.

"AN EXTRA DROP OF TOMATO SAUCE."

Sans covers his face with his hands facing the ceiling and sighs.

"let's just eat."

         Papyrus hands you a plate of his lasagna that's still steaming. You cut a piece with your fork and lift it to your mouth but stop. You keep forgetting that you can't eat in public anymore because of your mask. Sans and Papyrus are both staring at you as the piece of lasagna is hovering where your mouth should be.

"SEE, EVEN ARIE REFUSES TO EACH SUCH AN UNWORTHY PIECE OF COOKING!" Papyrus shouts has he runs away to his room slamming the door behind him.

         It was deathly silent for two seconds while still holding the fork of absolute perfection. Sans looks at the giant portion of food and then back at you.

"why did you hesitate?" Sans says with a growl to his voice.

You realized that you've never told Sans why you don't eat in public so you explain why.

                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         You're both sitting down on the couch as Sans nods his head. It all made sense to him to why you don't eat with others around, but a part of you thinks he doesn't believe your story. He goes upstairs to explain to Papyrus and enters into his room closing the door behind. The moment the door closed you grabbed the still warm plate of lasagna and race into the farthest corner of the kitchen. You lift up your mask just enough for your mouth and immediately shoved the piece straight into your mouth. It was best thing you've ever eaten. 

         You scarf down the rest like a wild animal and listen to see if Sans or Papyrus have came down yet. You hear nothing and quickly grab another piece eating it just as fast as the first one. You got daring and started on your third piece, you were already half way into it until you hear Papyrus' bedroom door open. You were still hungry and hadn't finished the third piece yet, plus your face is only partially covered. You go into savage mode and finished the other half and adjusted your mask with three seconds to spare before Sans turned into view of the kitchen.

         He stops at the entrance and gives you a questioning look.

"...are you okay?"

        You could still feel the piece of lasagna stretching your esophagus as it slowly goes down preventing you from responding. You weren't choking so that was good, you hit your chest with your hand to help the food go down quicker. Sans clearly confused by your actions, looks at the dish of lasagna and see's that one third of it was already gone. He looks back at you very impressed by how fast you were able to eat.

"Next time warn me when you come into the kitchen." I say coughing.

"right, can't have anyone see your face, cause that would be 'inappropriate'." He says making the quotations with his fingers.

"Just warn me next time, please."

You now have an idea of how high the probability of getting caught without your mask, and it is high. Way too high.