Nostalgia

Everything was foggy and you couldn't quite tell where you were or what you were doing. Were you alive, dead? It was hard to focus on what was going on until a bright light broke your limbo like state along with the sound of your parent's voice.

"Good morning my child, did you sleep well?" Your mother said with a cheerful smile.

          You sat up and looked around only to see that you were in your bed in your room. It was a dream. The whole journey of meeting monsters in a mountain that didn't exist was just a mere dream. 

"you've slept in unusually a lot today (y/n), don't you get tired of sleeping?" Your dad joked as he laughed a bit.

          Your parents laughed at the little pun as you noticed a single golden flower in a pot next to your bed. You got closer to sniff it but you recoiled and coughed at the smell of rot.

"Why don't get out of bed and come with us and enjoy a nice slice of cinnamon butterscotch pie?" Your mother said excited.

"Okay, that sounds nice."

          You pull the covers off of you and leaped from your bed only to slip on a dirty sock stained in mustard. You tried to get up but realized you were still falling but you were falling down a giant hole just like the one you fell down in Mt. Ebott. You tried to scream but nothing came as the ground became clearer the closer you got.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NO!" I screamed.

          You wake up covered in sweat and grip the sheets as you sat up on a bed you vaguely remember. A sudden strong smell of blood, dust and snails hits you as you gag.

"Wait a minute..."

          You sprung out of bed and was glad to feel that your feet had touched the ground instead of falling into another pit. You open the bedroom door and run down the hallway.

"No way, this can't be―"

          You reached the end of the hallway and stopped at the sight of someone you thought you would've never seen again.

"(Y/n), my sweet child!"

"Toriel!?!"

She runs over to you and gives you a big hug.

"Oh you have no idea how scared i've been for you and how worried that I thought you wouldn't make it out there!"

"I thought I would never see you again as well!" I say as I let out some tears of joy.

          There was an immediate rush of memories that flooded your mind, not of Toriel, but of what happened between you and Gaster at the core. You remembered what had happened to Sans and Papyrus. Toriel released you from her embrace and saw your puzzled and worried expression.

"Are you alright, (y/n) dear? You look a little confused, then again you have been asleep for almost four days."

"Where's Sans and Papyrus?" I say eager to know.

"Oh those two um...interesting friends of yours. There alright dear they seem to be doing just fine, Papyrus is in the living room with Flowey and your other friend Sans is―well, somewhere exploring the Ruins."

You let out a sigh of relief and was glad to know that Sans and Papyrus weren't dead.

"It's been quite a while since you've seen Flowey, why don't you go and see him. Papyrus and him seem to be getting along quite well." Toriel says happily.