Hide-and-seek

This was intense, insane―You were hiding in a broom closet from the Royal Guard Leader who could potentially kill you without hesitation by simply impaling you with on of her magic blue spears. You felt like you were playing a very serious game of hide-and-seek only this time your life is on the line. 

          You were starting to get that achy feeling in your body when you've stayed in the same position for a very long time and you're dying to just move. The problem with your desire to move into a different position is that there is too much junk on the floor that could make a lot of noise. You decided to take the risk of moving attempting to not making any noise as you slowly lifted your leg up, your foot slightly rubbing on a rusty pale making a very faint scratching noise.

          You froze and waited for any signs of Undyne or Papyrus hearing you. So far the only thing you could hear was the sound of pots and pans crashing as Undyne is shouting 'motivational' quotes at Papyrus.

"Stir! Stir like you've never stirred before!" She shouts.

"FOR CHRIST SAKE UNDYNE IT'S FUCKING WATER! WE JUST NEED TO LET IT HEAT UP WHILE WE'RE FINDING THE INGREDIENTS TO PUT IN THE SOUP!!!" Papyrus says in frustration.

"Hey, who's the one teaching you how to cook here?" Undyne asks.

"...YOU..."

"Then do as I say and keep stirring!"

          You hear Papyrus let out a big sigh as he continues stirring the pot of boiling water while Undyne starts looking through cabinets and the fridge for stuff they could put in the soup they were making. She was getting awfully close to the cabinet you were hiding in as she opened almost every closet. You quickly look at Papyrus through the small hole and saw him paying very close attention to what Undyne was doing.

          At this point all of the cabinets were left wide open except for yours. You quickly back away from the hole you were looking through the moment you saw Undyne looking right at your hiding spot. She heads in your direction as you cover your mouth so she wouldn't hear your panicked breathing. Your mind was now jumping to conclusions of what would happen if she found you or if she already saw and was now going to confront you.

          Before she could get any closer to your hiding spot, Sans comes to the rescue as he teleports right in front of the closet door.

"heya undyne, whatcha doing with my bro?" Sans says clearly nervous.

"Get out of my way Sans!" Undyne says annoyed.

"i wouldn't open this closet if i were you." Sans says growling.

"Really now, and why wouldn't I want to do that?" She says in challenging manner.

          Sans had blocked your view through the small hole but you didn't have to guess how Undyne felt about him. You could feel the tension between the two of them.

"TH-THAT'S WHERE I KEEP CLEANING SUPPLIES AND―"

"rats. i think i found one that looked just like you the other day, undyne. " Sans says interrupting Papyrus. 

          Before the two could get into a verbal and possibly physical battle, Papyrus quickly changes the subject.

"SANS! QUIT DISTRACTING UNDYNE AND LET US CONTINUE OUR COOKING LESSONS!"

"Distracting me!? How could this pathetic welt distract me!?" She says angrliy.

Silence.

"You've been acting all tense since we got here Papyrus, why don't you just tell me what's up―wait don't tell me, I want to guess..." An evil smile crept on her face.

"You're still flustered after what Mettaton said to you two days ago! Am I right, or am I right!?" She says proudly.

"WHAT? NO! I'M STILL NOT FLUSTERED ABOUT THAT!" Papyrus says sounding a bit embarrassed.

"C'mon, I can see it in your eyes!" She says as she elbowed Papyrus.

          Undyne had lost interest in opening the closet but you on the other hand were confused, Papyrus has never said anything to you about him talking with Mettaton.

"IT'S JUST A PARTY UNDYNE! THERE'S NOTHING TO BE NERVOUS ABOUT IT!"

"Just a party!?! You know that when Mettaton throws a party, everyone in the entire Underground goes!" Undyne says sounding excited.

          Sans was still blocking the door as he casually leaned against it causing the closet to make a few creaking noises. You were slightly worried that Sans might break it just by leaning on it but you knew he was only trying to protect you from Undyne. She kept going about Mettaton's parties and how awesome the next one will be. As much as you wanted  to hear more about Mettaton's fabulous parties, while you were dying to really get out of hiding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            It has been a good hour and you were really just considering taking a nap just like Sans. He was up against the door and could hear him softly snoring. Knowing that he was right behind that door protecting you made you feel safer than ever despite the situation you were in.

            The noises in the kitchen started to get louder as you heard a blender turn on and hear ghastly grinding coming from it. You couldn't figure out what was going on since Sans was still blocking your view, but you could tell that something unimaginable is going on. You were starting to get a head ache from all the chaotic noise but it all suddenly stopped and complete silence filled the kitchen (minus Sans snoring). You were very impressed how Sans was able to sleep through all of that racket but that ended shortly after Undyne spoke.

"Looks like I got a bit too carried away." She says laughing nervously.

You could hear Papyrus sigh with more exhaustion than anger.

"I would stay and help you clean but your lazy ass brother is blocking the cleaning supplies! See ya later Papyrus!"

          You hear the front door open and slam shut, feeling the relief that you were never caught by Undyne. You try to push the door open but Sans was still in the way, you tried knocking on the door to wake up Sans as he slowly leans away from the door yawning. You push it open only to see the kitchen splattered in red and Papyrus in the same state along with Sans but he hadn't noticed as he was still waking up. Papyrus had a blank stare as you tried to get his attention by waving your hand in front of his face.

"Uh, earth to Papyrus?"

          Still nothing. You sigh hoping he can give you some explanations once he goes back to his normal yelling self again. You really wanted to know what Undyne was talking about with him and Mettaton.