♡22 PT 2

[this song was written by ed sheeran, dive. pretend this song does not exist and this is being sung by millie, thank you!]

— 1,279 words

"um, so i just wrote this song because i was bored, i guess? i don't know but..." she spoke, making sadie giggle. she rolled her eyes as the redhead, positioning the microphone correctly.

"maybe i came on too strong
maybe i played my cards wrong
oh, just a little bit wrong
baby i apologize for it"

she started, looking around the room to see finn standing up, walking to get a better view. she sang, smiling at rowan who cheered.

"i could fall, or i could fly
here in your aeroplane
and i could live, i could die
hanging on the words you say
and i've been known to give my all
and jumping in harder than
ten thousand rocks on the lake"

"don't call me baby
unless you mean it
and don't tell me you need me,
if you don't believe it
so let me know the truth
before i dive right into you"

she looked straight at finn, smiling at him as she sang. she could see the shock in his face, but then he started smiling, making her confused. her face turned from smiling, to a confused face before she shook it off and continued to sing.

"do you have a tendency to lead some people on?
'cause i heard you do"

finn eyed her carefully, slowly walking closer to the stage, and she turned around to face somebody else, knowing people probably knew she was singing this to finn.

she turned to sadie, grinning as she saw her best friend being crazy and twirling around, she sang to her, and sadie yelled the lyrics back. she was the only person who read the song, millie singing it to her. and with a playful eye roll she turned to someone she didn't know, singing to the girl with a small smile on her face.

finally, the song ended, making her place the microphone back where it belonged, and she let out a small laugh as people clapped like madmen, especially sadie who was probably going to lose her voice from shrieking. she hopped off stage, and the dj played music which made the people start to dance.

millie walked back to her table before she felt a hand grasp hers. she turned to see finn holding her hand tightly. "hi." she said, making him smile a bit. "uh, you were amazing. really really amazing." he told her, still holding her hand. millie just thanked him before looking down at her feet.

"i know you're probably still mad, and i fully understand that. but i really do love you, so much. i realized that when i was with you and ava, that one day. i realized how much i had, how much you meant to me. since that day, i realized how much i love you, more than anything. you take my breath away millie. it's impossible to get you off my mind." he spoke, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"sure, it started off as a bet, but i fell in love with you. everything you do makes me feel a type of way. i've never felt this way with any person, ever. i know i messed up, i was an asshole. i think about a hundred thoughts and you are ninety nine. you're all i think about millie, really. i love you, i love you so much. you may not feel the same way right now, but i just wanted you to know you mean everything to me. i-"

but he was interrupted by millie pressing her lips to his, he was shocked before he melted into the kiss. he placed his hand on her cheek, and millie had one hand on his shoulder. she pulled away, leaning her head against his. "it's okay, finn." she whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck. finn wrapped his arms around her waist, squeezing her small frame.

"i love you so damn much millie, wow." he said with a grin, and millie just nodded. "i love you too, finnie." she whispered, not letting go from the embrace. she held him tight, feeling all the anger subside. she let go, grasping his hand and pulling him towards the middle of the dance floor.