♡38

"i'll do better, 'cause you are loved more than you know."

—586 words

the light from the moon illuminated on her pale skin, the tears streaming down. her body was shaking as she sobbed. the lights were off and she sat in a corner, but the light from the moonlight shone on her face. she didn't know why she was crying, but she was. she needed someone, but right now, she sat alone in the large house.

sadie was with caleb, she couldn't ruin the date. she'll hate herself more if she did. finn was having a family day. she called the one person she needed.

"p-please. i need you, i-i need you." she cried. and in a second, she heard an okay and the phone line die. she sat there, shaking as she let the whimpers escape her lips. the door was opened and shut, so she stayed there and waited for the her to arrive.

"baby." iris said softly as she entered, stumbling over to millie and getting on her knees. wrapping her arms around the girl.

"what is wrong, my love?" iris questioned, gently rubbing circles on the sobbing girl's back. "i don't know, i feel-feel so guilty."

"what do you feel guilty about? you need to speak to me, millie."

"i miss her. she p-put me through so much but i miss her so fucking much. i feel so worthless, you c-can't understand."

"millie, you are not worthless. you are loved."

"i-iris, she makes me feel so bad about myself. but she raised me for seventeen years, i want to forget her but i can't."

"you'll never forget her mills, but you have people who love you now. you have winona and david and me and sadie and especially finn and everyone."

"i know but i just can't believe... believe the things she says to me." millie whispered, letting out a shaky breath as she cried into iris shoulder. "she tells me things and i-i can't help but believe them. what if they're true?" millie whispered, her body violently shaking in the arms of her beloved best friend.

"i'm sorry, iris."

"don't be sorry, lovely. you deserve the world."

"do i?"

"more than it, mills."

and with that, millie wiped her tears and cuddled up to her side, letting out the silent sobs continue to escape her lips.

"is it true?"

"what is?"

"that i'm worthless?"

"never, millie. you deserve everything in the world. you're beautiful, and you have such an amazing soul." iris said softly, running her fingers through millie's ringlets of curls.

"okay." millie whispered, her head still in the crook of iris' neck.

"i feel bad for finn too, c-cause i always make him worried. i just keep h-hurting everyone." she cried, still not fully comprehending what put her in this mood.

"but finn understands and loves you, lovely. he worries because he doesn't want you to be sad, don't feel guilty about how you feel."

11:59 pm

"sleep over?" millie asked, her voice still shaky from the cries just minutes before. "anything for you." iris replied, which made millie smile slightly. a minute had now passed.

"happy valentine's day."

next chapter will be happier. i just wanted to put in millie's pov because everyone gets sad at times, and nobody is always happy. but next chapter will be lots n' lots of fluff. thanks for 34.4k. you guys make me so damn happy.
-marie <33