Always Loving You Sweet, Sweet Annie. Your Niall

Love, Annie

Chapter 11

Dearest and most gorgeous girl on earth, Annie,

Before I say anything else, I have to tell you just how beautiful you are. Your eyes stand out. They’re pretty. Your hair, it’s…a different kind. But it suits you. It suits my Annie. You’re perfect the way you are, always remember that.

Moving on then…I told the boys about you. On one hand, it cleared things up and my mates aren’t fighting anymore. They’re all, er…well…trying to do something now. But let’s skip over that, aye? On that other hand, I feel like I don’t have you all to myself now. It’s not something I LIKE. I wanted you to be my secret. MY Annie. And now it’s like you’re OUR Annie. You know?

I think you really could intoxicate me. By being in the same room, too. I do feel quite bad about not giving you a picture of me, but I really can’t do that yet. I’m sorry for it.

Anyways, I’ve seen you before. I realize that now, as I stared at this picture you sent. You were the girl who was hovering around the wall that first day. That first letter that started in the bricks. That was you, I saw. You saw me, too. You smiled at me. You didn’t see my face, I know that. But I saw yours.

On another note, yes. Keep smiling. Keep laughing. You look pretty when you smile, especially in the photo.

P.S. No, of course I won’t do such a thing, Annie! I only wrote that as a means for you to get by. Don’t restrict yourself too hard in life. Be happy, be free. I can tell you from personal experience. I would love to go back in time and do things I know I can never do now just by myself and being a lonesome young lad. That doesn’t happen anymore, and I want you to enjoy your years before that gets taken away yet again.

Now would be my most awkwardest moment. I love you too, Annie. You’ll always have a special part in my heart. But what kind of love is this we share?

Always loving you, sweet, sweet Annie,

Your Niall

Niall

“Are you mad?” Louis stressed out ‘mad’. “You can’t send this! Who asks about their love when a girl says she loves you?”

“Lou, leave him alone,” Eleanor scolded him, taking the paper out of his hands and giving it to me. “If she really is genuine and really likes Niall, we’ll find out in three days, from her response. For now, it’s time to go to Nandos!”

Louis perked up and dragged Eleanor out, and I eagerly followed.

However, this time, I was able to ask the boys to stop the car so I could tuck in the envelope in the little brick.

“You boys really like being served by me, huh?”

My head snapped up. I gave her a crooked grin. “You could say that.”

She laughed, shaking her head. “Sorry, boys. I’m making my sister take over for the next two hours.”

We knew her sister was Annie. We all did. Louis filled Eleanor in before too. But we had to act dumb.

As usual.

“Wouldn’t your boss be angry?” Liam asked, smoothly.

She shook her head. “Nope. We’re identical twins,” she laughed. “So, shh,” she put a finger to her lips. “Don’t tell anyone! If anyone asks, I’m Annie, and that girl is Natasha, for the next two hours, okay?”

We laughed but nodded and she grinned and left the restaurant. As she left, her twin replaced her, a slight scowl on her face as she stared after the real Natasha, leaving the restaurant.

“Hello, my name is Natasha, I’ll be your waitress tonight, start with some drinks?”

“Can we just call you Annie?” I found myself asking.

Her eyes flickered up, and her pen almost fell.

“Natasha was our waitress last time. She’d told us about this…predicament you’re in,” Harry laughed.

Annie nervously laughed as well. “Right. Well, then…I’m Annie, I’ll be your so called waitress. Blame Tash if something goes wrong, mmkay?”

I found myself smiling.

I loved Annie’s voice.

And it was just the way Annie had described it. It wasn’t deep and it wasn’t high pitched.

Just…there. In the middle.

I felt a pen poke my shoulder. I innocently looked up to her. “And you, Niall?”

That brought an evident smile to my face. The way ‘Niall’ just rolled off her tongue like that. It was nice.

“Water,” I repeated from the last time we’d been here.

She nodded and turned to leave. When she thought she was safe and out of sight, but really wasn’t, she screamed.

“OH MY GOD!”

I gave a soft chuckle.

Clutching her chest, she blew out breaths and came back out to take another table’s orders.

Louis kicked me under the table. I shot daggers at him.

“Annie is…different,” Liam mumbled.

I grinned. “Annie is crazy. She’s a lunatic. But that’s okay. Lunatics Unite.”

I heard a crash of plates nearby.

All seven of us snapped our heads to the direction of the break.

Annie stared wide eyed at me. “Repeat that, please?”

And that’s when I realized I screwed up. And that she knew.

She knew that I knew her. She also knew that I knew that she knew.

I was hoping it maybe didn’t click to her yet. Hoping. Only hope, right?

What more can I lose?