7.

Jack's p.o.v

Another day of tutoring.

Last time wasn't too bad, but after Alex's stupid little stunt yesterday I don't really want to be around him, but of course that's not an option. I just have to suck it up and deal with him. I will be professional about this and make sure our rivalry doesn't get in the way of teaching. But he's such a fucking douche bag that it's almost impossible to not get annoyed with him. Not to mention the fact that he's late again.

After about ten minutes of waiting he finally comes rushing into the library.

"You're late...again" I point out bitterly.

He slumps down in the seat beside me "so?"

"What the fuck were you even doing?"

"More like who was I doing" he retorts, that annoying smirk plastered on his stupid face.

I dramatically roll my eyes. "Whatever. Let's try doing some writing today. Let's start with describing stuff, how about you describe yourself to me"

After I said that Alex's mood changed drastically. He was no longer the smug confidant ass he usually appears to be, he became shy and awkward in a matter of seconds.

It was weird to say the least.

"I-I don't want to do that" he mumbles, focusing on his hands placed over his lap.

"How come?" That was probably a bad question to ask him. He would punch me in the face without a second thought, but I'm pretty curious. Alex never acts like this.

"...You like blink-182?" He asks out of the blue, pointing to my band tee. He's probably trying to change the subject, and it's working.

"Yeah, they're like my favorite band!" I smile at him, maybe we might have something in common for once.

"Me too!" He exclaims excitedly, grinning back at me. A big genuine smile that I have never seen before. Not gonna lie I kinda liked it, I think it's adorable. Fuck off brain, we hate Alex remember. "My friends don't listen to them, because they think they're lame" he rolls his eyes.

"Dude, blink and green day are like the best bands"

He looks at me with wide eyes "you like green day too? dude that's awesome" he smiles even wider, acting like he's just seen the rarest sight in the world, which in his case he might have.

"Fuck yeah, dude!"

"What other bands do you like?" he asks excitedly, I'm pretty sure if he had a tail it would be wagging right now.

Image if people actually had tails. You would have to cut a little tail hole in all of your pants. and it would probably hurt to sit down because you would be on your tail.

Wow I get distracted way too easily.

I told him all the other bands and songs I like, and oddly enough he pretty much has the exact same taste in music as I do.

long story short, instead of tutoring we ended up listening to music together on Alex's phone. I'm surprised he let me wear one of his ear buds and didn't complain about me getting my 'gay germs' on it.

"I'm sorry" he says after about half an hour of silence, well silence from us, the music was playing the whole time.

I turn to him confused "why?"

He sighs struggling to get the words out. "For being such a dick to you for so long. You definitely don't deserve it, you're actually a pretty cool guy" he gives me a small half smile.

"It's alright I guess" I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly.

"It's really not. From now on I'll leave you alone like I should have a long time ago."

I didn't really know how to respond, but I didn't really have to since the timer on my phone went off signaling the tutoring session was over.

I pack up my notebook that was laying on the table in front of us. I didn't have many supplies taken out since we didn't actually do any tutoring today, so it was easy and fast to put everything away.

On my way out the door I felt Alex grab my hand, well I'm hoping it's Alex since we're the only ones left in the library.

I turn around to face him, not making a big deal over the fact that he's holding my hand. My stomach was making a deal out of it though, I got a weird tingly feeling that I don't even know how to explain.

"Hey...so there's a party tomorrow night at Vic's, do you...maybe... wanna come?" He asks timidly.

A chance to get drunk, I'm in.

"Sounds great" I smile at him.

"Do you need a ride?"

"Yeah, I think my mom would kill me if I told her I was going to a party, let alone make her drive me to one"

"Alright, text me your address and I'll pick you up at 8" he lets go of my hand.

I nod and quickly head out the door so he doesn't see my blush.

Why am I blushing?

What is happening to me?

Ugh stupid boy hormones.