26.

Jack's p.o.v

Two weeks...

It's been two weeks since me and Alex broke up.

Why does it feel so bad to say it out loud?

As pathetic as it sounds, I miss him. How pathetic of me to miss someone who lied and cheated on me, crushing my feelings like a spider underneath his foot. But I can't help it. I miss the cute pet names he used to call me, I miss his deep brown puppy dog eyes, I miss the way his hand fit in mine so perfectly. I miss being with him in general. I guess that's why I've been avoiding him so recently, it just hurts so much to see him.

Zack and Rian keep trying to comfort me about it, but every time they talk about it or tell me they think I'm starting to get over it, it makes me think about what happened, which just starts the pain in my chest all over again.

I know they're just trying to help, but I don't have the heart to tell them they're actually just making things worse.

Kellin and Vic are the opposite or Zack and Rian, they're always trying to get my mind off of Alex. Whatever it takes they will distract me. If they see Alex they will drag me somewhere else to avoid him.

One time the three of us saw him eating lunch in the cafeteria so the two of them took me out for Icecream instead.

That was one of my favorite moments with Vic and Kellin. They were fake fighting and Vic accidentally got a little tiny bit of Icecream in the other boys hair so Kellin got him back by smashing his whole Icecream into the tanned boys hair. It was really funny, Vic was so upset.

Alex hasn't been the only one I've been avoiding though. Brendon seems to go where ever I go, it's as if he's following me just to remind me about what he did. To remind me that he has Alex and I don't.

Groaning I walk around school just like I do every other day. The end of the school day in progress. School used to be bearable when I had Alex to greet me with kisses and cute compliments, but now it's just bland and boring.

Walking to my locker a strong grip on my arm stops me from continuing forward. Turning around in confusion to see who is holding me, I face the boy who broke my heart.

Ripping my arm out of his grasp I speed walk away to my locker, hearing his footsteps following close behind me.

"I don't want to fucking hear it, Alex"

"Jack please just give me a chance to talk" he begs.

"Fuck off Alex why don't you just go fuck your boy toy Brendon!" I snap at him.

"I am not dating that wretched human being, and you know I'm a virgin Jack!"

"No Alex, I don't" I stop in my tracks, turning around to look at him. "I don't know anything about you, clearly. It feels like everything you said to me was a lie. I can't trust you or anything that you said to me"

"Jack" he goes to reach for my hand but I quickly tear my hand away, not wanting to feel his warm touch that I deep down still secretly crave. "Everything I told you was true, and I'm sorry that it looks like it isn't. This whole situation is all fucked up and there's no way to convince you that I'm innocent and it sucks, it suck so fucking much, but god, I miss you so much Jack"

Looking into his dark brown eyes, the look of pity covering his features, I did the only thing that felt right in the moment...

I walked away.

I knew that if I didn't, his words would persuade me to forgive him and he doesn't deserve that. He doesn't deserve my forgiveness or my trust if he's just going to take it and shit on it again.