18.

Jack's p.o.v

Yesterday was...interesting to say the least.

Alex had texted me quite a few times asking me about it, but I never answered. I wanted him to feel the same way I felt when he ignored me after he kissed me in the boys bathroom.

I can be cold as ice when I want to be.

Luckily my parents weren't awake when I got home yesterday, so I didn't get in trouble for leaving or stealing their car, which I'm thankful for since my mom is already on my case about how I got my black eye, and I don't need another thing for her to ask about. When she first asked me what happened I gave her some bullshit excuse that she saw right through, and now she won't let it go no matter how many times I tell her to.

I hear a knock at my bedroom door snapping my out of my thoughts. "Come in!" I yell to them.

My younger sister May enters my room with a bored look on her face, her make up already perfected for the day.

"Mom made some breakfast for us, I already ate mine but she made us bacon and eggs"

"Ok, I'll be down in a minute" I tell her with a nod.

"Alright" she adds with a sigh, closing the door behind her.

Damn, someone's pissy today.

I quickly change into a simple outfit; not really in the mood to try and look good, but I never really am, it just happens naturally.

I pull on some faded black skinny jeans, matching them with a foo fighters pull over hoodie.

I grab my phone noticing I had another text from Alex. Not bothering to answer it, I put my phone in the back pocket of my jeans and hurry to the kitchen so I can eat. I'm hungry as fuck.

"Oh, good morning Jack" my mom greets me cheerfully. Which is terrifyingly suspicious since she only uses that tone when she's about to start an argument with someone, so immediately I am put on edge.

"Uh..good morning mom" I greet back, watching her skeptically.

I sit at the kitchen table surprised when I see that no one else is here, only making me more worried for what's about to come. Dad must be at work and I don't know what the fuck is up with May today, she's never moody like this.

My mom places a plate with perfectly made breakfast in front of me flashing me a small smile. One of those parent smile that basically says "you're in trouble you little shit"

Alright, now she's starting to scare me, I really wish she would just come out and say what's going on. The suspense is killing me.

"So Jack..." My mom starts, turning to look at me.

"Yes mom?" I ask, trying my best to sound as clueless and innocent as I can.

"You didn't take out the garbage yesterday like I asked" she gives me a stern look. I sigh in relief, but it didn't last long before I heard my mom chuckle the slightest bit. "I'm just kidding, I know you snuck out the other night"

Well fuck me lightly with a chainsaw.

"Oh..." I trial off not knowing how to defend myself, I don't really have a way to, do I? I mean, she's is right after all.

"Where did you go?" she asks, sitting down directly across from me.

"Somebody I know needed a ride home because he was drunk" I shrug, I mean that is the truth. Just not the full truth. She doesn't know that I stayed the night at said persons house.