20.

Alex's p.o.v

Awkwardly trailing behind our principal Mr.Carlile, me and Ronnie bump our shoulders harshly together with each step we take, knowing that our principal isn't looking at us and we can get away with it before we step into his office.

"Both of you sit now!" Mr.Carlile demands coldly, closing the door after we had all filed in.

Nervously sitting down in one of the black leather chairs positioned in front of his desk, I plop down on it with a dramatic "humph"

I don't understand why I'm here, I didn't do anything wrong. I was doing the opposite, I was standing up for myself and I should not be punished for that. Unlike him I didn't resort to violence, so the reason why I'm here and in trouble is still a mystery to me. Not going to lie it's actually kind of pissing me off that I'm here.

"Can you tell me why you think you're here Ronnie?" Our tall ass principal directs his tone at Ronnie.

It's no secret that Mr.Carlile isn't a big fan of the raven haired boy. Ronnie is in the office more than his actual classes it's practically his home by now.

"Because Alex was attracting an unwanted crowd by yelling lies to make me look bad in front of everyone"

I open my mouth to protest his ridiculous stament, but I was stopped by Mr.Carlile raising his hand dismissively at me without a second thought, paying all his attention on Ronnie causing me to roll my eyes.

"Ronnie?"

"Yes Mr.Carlile?" He responds innocently.

"Shut the fuck up"

"What?!" Ronnie exclaims, probably as shocked as I am that a teacher would talk to a student like that. Not that I'm complaining, I found it pretty humorous. I had to bite my lip to hold back a laugh.

"It's clear that you caused a scene. It's always you who starts the fight Ronnie, there's plenty of students with black eyes and bruises who will gladly step forward and confess that you're the one who did that to them. As a result, I'm going to have to expel you"

"WHAT! You can't do that, I've been going to this school for almost four years"

"Yeah, well that's four years to long, this is your last strike Radke. I want you to go collect your belongs from your locker, I'll call your parents and tell them the news"

"But-"

"Go!" He cuts him off with a firm voice.

Giving Mr.Carlile a nasty look, Ronnie reluctantly stomps out of the room, slamming the door behind him so hard he chipped a piece of wood off the side of it. A very strong example of why you shouldn't make him mad.

"As for you" he turn to me.

"I didn't do anything!" I defend myself quickly.

"I know, I just want you to know I'm proud of you. I've seen you been pushed around by Ronnie for years, and sadly I couldn't do anything about it, but you did and I'm glad." He smiles genuinely at me, it's a nice smile.

"Thank you Mr.Carlile"

"Of course, Alex. Be your own person; be who you want to be, not who everyone else wants you to be. Now get out of my office" he tells me in a joking way.

-------------------------

Happily I bounce into the cafeteria to find Jack at his usual table. I'll be eating with him and his- well my new friends from now on. I don't think he'll mind if his boyfriend joins him.

Boyfriend!

Me and Jack are dating, he's my boyfriend and I'm his.

That's wild...